⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Unable to connect my Facebook account to Candy Crush to retrieve my progress.

Options
ChrisP88
ChrisP88 Posts: 2 Newbie

This issue is happening both on my Android Phone and Windows 10 Computer.

If I try to connect via Facebook, I get the error "Login Error: There is an error in logging you into this application. Please try again later".

This same error appears on both devices.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks!

Answers

• kiara_wael
    kiara_wael Posts: 145,377 Candy Moderator
    Options
  • ChrisP88
    ChrisP88 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

Hi thanks for this, unfortunately this did not work. It's not the app because the same issue is happening on two separate devices (android and PC), so it must be some settings within Facebook that is blocking it!

I've checked the blocked list, not there.... there must be someone that can tell me what to do here...

• Crissy2017
    Crissy2017 Posts: 34 Level 2
    Options

Try first connecting the email address that is connected to your Facebook account when you enter it if you have access to that email address you may receive an email asking for permission or you may need to know the password to that email once you have connected it then try to connect to your Facebook account.

• Gregg
    Gregg Posts: 84 Level 3
    Options

Hi, same issue as @ChrisP88 addressed. I tried following some of the instructions above but had no idea what's meant by "Finally, open the game select Connect..." I get an error when clicking on the "Played Before" button to link up my Facebook account to Candy Crush Soda. No issues linking up my Candy Crush Soda to my Facebook Account. I'd think this should be a simple fix.

• Gregg
    Gregg Posts: 84 Level 3
    edited March 2023
    Options

Update @ChrisP88: My issue was on "Candy Crush Soda" and I finally figured out a fix. The following steps below fixed the error message I was receiving when clicking on the "Played before?" link to bring in my Soda progress in from my Facebook account. I imagine the same process should fix this error on "Candy Crush Saga" as well:

1. Log into your Facebook account and click on the three horizontal lines, upper right corner. Then click on the gear in the upper right corner ("Settings & privacy" page).

2. Now scroll down to and click on "Apps and websites," under "Permissions". Momentarily turn off both "Apps, websites, and games" as well as "Game and app notifications" (both under "Preferences"). Then immediately turn them both back on.

3. Next back up, once, out of the "Apps and websites" section (which should bring you back into the "Settings and privacy" page). Now click on the "Off-Facebook activity" link, under the "Permissions" section. Then click on the "View And Manage Activity" link, highlighted in gray, half way down this page. Now click on the "Select Activity to Turn Off" link. Next click the turn off button next to: "Candy Crush Soda &/or Saga”. On the next page, confirm by clicking the turn off button again.

4. Just above the "Activity Turn Off" section, look for "Activity You've Turned Off" with an arrow pointing to the right and click on this link. Now locate and click on the three dots to the right of "Candy Crush Soda &/or Saga” that were just recently turned off. Click on the section that says: "Allow activity from Candy Crush Soda Saga to stay connected to your account". After clicking this section/link, a confirmation should be displayed at the bottom of this page.

5. Lastly, go back and open the "Candy Crush Soda &/or Saga" app(s) and once opened, click on the icon/link that says "Played before?". Then click on "Continue with Facebook". And hopefully now it brings up your Facebook profile. If it does, click the "X" in the upper right corner to exit this window. Hopefully your progress has been/will be brought back in; click on "Play" to ensure it has been.

If not, perhaps you have a different issue than what I encountered. If so, you may need to go through "Candy Crush Soda &/or Saga” support for further help.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?