⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Cannot connect to App Store

mhille2811
mhille2811 Posts: 2 Newbie

I am playing Candy Crush Saga on my android phone. It has not connected to app store for the past two months. I have a King account and it doesn't recognize it when I have tried to uninstall the game and re-install. I then have to login with Facebook and it still does not reset the app store. I have also deleted cache and history for both the game and the app store. What else can I do to be able to connect to app store?

Answers

• kiara_wael
    kiara_wael Posts: 142,911 Candy Moderator

Hi and welcome to the King Community

Thank you for the feedback . Game not connected, or some other reason, you may face such problems. You can check out some troubleshooting below.

Please Check app update - Log out game - Restart Device - Open game and Log in.

You will find complete information HERE

• Doondie
    Doondie Posts: 1,255 Level 5

Hello, Ms Newbie,

Welcome to the forum! 👋

Was connection to the store working fine before the problem occurred 2 months ago?

Has anything changed in your circumstances since then? For example new phone or new phone operating system (software update)?

What is your phone's brand and make? What operating system does it have?

Since your Facebook profile is supposedly linked to your game account, have you checked your account status through Facebook's website on a computer? Is your progress correct? Can you connect to the store?

• mhille2811
    mhille2811 Posts: 2 Newbie

Thank you for your response. Nothing has changed with phone or operating system. When I played on Facebook site just now it was on the same level and did allow for me to get extra moves at the end....whereas on my phone is has the spinning wheel saying trying to connect to app store. My phone is a Google Pixel 2.

Any suggestions are appreciated. I only play candy crush on my phone so this has been frustrating.

• Doondie
    Doondie Posts: 1,255 Level 5

You shouldn't have issues with this device, as it naturally has Google Mobile Services.

Write to Support and ask them if there's an issue with your device and the game. Tell them when it last worked fine.

Do you remember installing some other apps around the time the connection issue started? Try deleting junk apps (basically everything you don't use everyday and doesn't have data you want to keep) and restart your phone.

Also do this, just in case it helps:

Open Settings on your Google Pixel and tap System -> Advanced -> Reset Options. Then, tap Reset Wi-Fi, Mobile & Bluetooth. Enter your passcode if prompted, then confirm the reset.

If you were on the same level on the website, then it's not a game server connection issue but a payment server (app store) issue. I'm sorry but I don't have a clear solution. Just try the above and hope for the best.

As a last resort try reinstalling the game, as well as updating your phone's firmware. This will wipe your stored boosters though.

Good luck! 👍

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?