I'm not getting credit for all the striped candy I'm collecting. I

Options
sorite99
sorite99 Posts: 1 Newbie

I'm not getting credit for all the striped candy I'm collecting. I Just played levels 3092&3093 and I used colorbombs on stripes, which made lots of stripes. I only received credit for two stripes (which is then turned into 20). I made WAY more stripes than two! I am competing in the striped candy contest and getting jipped!! Please help

Answers

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,758 Sweet Legend
    Options

Hi sorite99, I'm not sure if I have the correct answer for you but I am searching on Google for the stripes in Candy Crush Saga and nothing seems to be coming up.  But I did find this tip for Soda and it might now be applied to the newer levels in Saga: 

http://candycrushsoda.wikia.com/wiki/Striped_Candy_Contest

I am going to elevate this question to a King Admin and maybe she can confirm this for both of us - rules for Soda now applying to Saga.  It's the weekend so she won't be able to respond until the beginning of the week.

• Oakley_Arney
    Oakley_Arney Posts: 76 Level 3
    Options

I see it’s been 2 months since youve asked this, but you have to physically “make” the striped candy, a mixed color bomb with striped candy doesn’t count as, say a bomb mixed with a purple stripe that is showing your board with 27 non-striped purples that will turn to purple stripes when you mix the color bomb and the striped purple, yeah, this will still only count as 1 striped candy or x10 when you complete the level, not 27 stripes or x10=270 when you finish the level. One downfall in the striped candy contest unfortunately. Players have to actually cross the 4 candies into a striped candy to make them added towards their count at completion of the level. I hope that all made sense, but I haven’t seen a striped candy contest in awhile do when they bring them back maybe that will change and mixing a color bomb with a striped candy will count as more stripes, only time will tell! 

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,758 Sweet Legend
    Options

Hi Oakley Arney, thanks for writing us here at King Care.  I can tell you one thing - I am very happy that I am not a programmer working for King because there are loads of glitches going on which need to be addressed.  I don't know how they choose their priority in fixing these things but hopefully it can be fixed soon.

• Oakley_Arney
    Oakley_Arney Posts: 76 Level 3
    Options

Well I will be honest, yes it would be nice if the striped candy and color bomb mixed in a new level completed counted, I don’t particularly find this to be a glitch, just unfortunate. We, as players aren’t making the striped candies when we activate the 2 special candies so I see the point of view behind the developers reasoning, not that anyone was explaining but I too had combined the 2 special candies during the contest thinking “cha-ching! Jackpot! I’m gonna have like 45 more striped candies!” But nope, they never counted. Not a glitch, like I said, just unfortunate, but thanks for responding Elsa ;)

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?