Achievement

Options

Comments

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 5,940 Level 5
    Options

Yes the Levels in the 300s were real fun to play, they were my favourites. It is getting harder now above 500. The key to winning episode races is knowing that they are not run in real time against other players. You are pitted against players who played long before you, how long they took to finish the episode. I find it best to play through a whole episode in as few sessions as possible, but I am still researching just what the best strategy is.

Also, use your gold wisely when you do win it. Don't ever spend more than 10 gold on extra moves just to keep a win streak. There are levels put in deliberately to stop your win streak. If you can't definitely see that you need less than 5 moves to clear the board, don't spend gold to keep going, ever! Don't even waste starting boosters on the most difficult levels. Wait until they offer you 30 or more extra moves or until they give you a lucky board to let you pass. Losing your win streak is not as bad as it looks because there are easy levels in between the hard ones so you will get a win streak back. I also recommend checking levels out on YouTube. Check those posted by Johnny Crush.

Good luck with your game!

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 13,777 Legend
    Options

Hmm @Annika8898 level 517 is indeed tricky even though it isn't marked as difficult on my map.

The only tip I can think of is to concentrate on keeping the booster dispensers running and try to create a striped/wrapped combination. I have only played it a few times, but I get the impression that this is one of those levels designed to make you use your boosters or pay for extra moves.

The fact that you can't hit the liquorice directly even though it is an order requirement points to the fact that they want you use boosters or gold to complete this level. Sniping at targets isn't a good design in a game that runs on randomness.

I managed to get down to just five liquorice left twice. This makes me think that this is a deliberate design element.

• christinewupp
    Options

@Annika8898 I've just got to the next episode (level 531) and note that this where the first frog levels appear. These levels are really easy if you understand how the frog works, so make sure you check out about the frog here in the community. There is lots of help posted on this topic here.

• Annika8898
    Annika8898 Posts: 26 Level 2
    Options

Woo you've got a lot of moves to surpass the level mine is lesser just 24 moves ☹️

• Alienscar
    edited April 2023
    Options

Whoa @Annika8898 your level 517 is completely different to mine.

Do you play on an iPhone?

Also I am surprised see eggs in your screenshot. I wasn't aware that another Egg Collection event was going on at the moment.

• christinewupp
    Options

@Johnny_Crush please can you help here! This is NOT what level 517 should look like. Anneka must have a rogue level? @Annika8898 are on the latest update? It does indeed seem odd you have eggs in this. I played the same level yesterday and it was easy and very different.

• Johnny_Crush
    Johnny_Crush Posts: 309 Level 3
    Options
  • Alienscar
    edited April 2023
    Options

What are these rogue levels all about @Johnny_Crush

Also is it likely that @christinewupp has also got the rogue level?

I have noticed elsewhere that iOS get different levels to everyone else.

How do you manage to identify that my level 517 was in fact level 8289. I quite often play a level and think to myself that I have seen it before, but I have no idea how to discover which level I am thinking about.

• Johnny_Crush
    Johnny_Crush Posts: 309 Level 3
    edited April 2023
    Options

The developers used to change the lower levels from time to time until they decided to "have them tested" before release them. So, they start to create sets of levels that were available to a group of people only, the so called "test groups". After the completion of the test, the levels went live, were changed again or dropped depending on the results of the tests. These rogue levels that are present these days in the game are a set of "wrong" test levels. King didn't want to release them, but something went wrong and these levels went live. I don't know what went wrong, but it's not the first time that event like this occurs. As of now, there is another thing that goes wrong in the game (the last ingredient that doesn't appear) but I think that this thing is related to the replacement of the ingredients with the dragons.

How do I know what level replaced what? I can't tell you all my secrets, but I do tell you that this helps

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?