⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Fish booster no longer splits into 3 fish?

RobinC-2
RobinC-2 Posts: 7 Level 2

Has the behavior of the fish booster changed? I don’t mean the “fishing season” thing where you match 4 candies to make a fish. I mean the original fish booster and/or the buoy fish. Activating/matching those always gave me 3 fish at a time, but now I only get one fish. Is this a glitch, or is this a permanent new behavior? 

If the latter, I really wish players had been told about it first. I wasted a striped candy thinking I could combine it with a fish booster to get 3 striped fish, but nope: as of today, that combo creates just a single fish. The fish used to be helpful, but now they’re mostly useless. If it matters, I’m at level 3439 but I noticed this happening a few levels ago. 

Best Answer

• Amanda-20
    Amanda-20 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Answer ✓

There was an update for iOS on Aug, 8th. It appears that they have fixed the fishes splitting into 3 issue now. I haven't tested it with mixing it with other boosters yet to see what the behavior looks like. I'm assuming it will be the old behavior. It almost seems like they've just rolled back to a previous version's functionality because Fishing season (matching 4 in a square) is no longer is supported. 

Answers

• Errol_Satz
    Errol_Satz Posts: 61 Level 3

I'm wondering the same thing. I'm trying to increase my score on older levels and it is the same on all the lower levels I've played.

• Amanda-20

I'm wondering the same thing. I'm trying to increase my score on older levels and it is the same on all the lower levels I've played.

I'm also seeing this issue with new levels around 2120.
  • Cheryl_Sellner
    Cheryl_Sellner Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited July 2018

I started noticing it after level 2000 only because I got a screen congratulating me I got that far. I really can't remember when it started, maybe 2 days ago? I haven't tried earlier levels to see but since someone else did, i'm not going to waste a life on it to see. I hope this gets fixed. It's not a good booster anymore.
  • issasecretname
    issasecretname Posts: 1 Newbie

I am 1898 and for the past couple of days, I have experienced the same issues?  Using the fish booster is so pointless, that even the fishing season (4 candies make a fish) are attacking my wrapped candies, no popping jellies or hitting other candies.  Is anyone having this same problem?  Thanks

• bayoubuddha
    bayoubuddha Posts: 1 Newbie

I am 1898 and for the past couple of days, I have experienced the same issues?  Using the fish booster is so pointless, that even the fishing season (4 candies make a fish) are attacking my wrapped candies, no popping jellies or hitting other candies.  Is anyone having this same problem?  Thanks

Beyond pointless.
  • Laura_Grosvenor
    Laura_Grosvenor Posts: 1,581 Level 4

Hello guys! I believe this is in Candy Crush Soda, not Saga, but I can say that King is investigating how the fish work and if any improvements are needed. Thanks for the feedback and I will pass it along for you guys! :) Have a great day, all!

• Amanda-20

FWIW it looks like the functionality of the fish has changed. Mix a color bomb and fish together you now get all of the colors changing to fish instead of the 3 fish that then multiple into 3 more. 

• Amanda-20

Hello guys! I believe this is in Candy Crush Soda, not Saga, but I can say that King is investigating how the fish work and if any improvements are needed. Thanks for the feedback and I will pass it along for you guys! :) Have a great day, all!

This is definitely in Saga since I don't play soda and have never had it even installed on my phone.
  • RobinC-2

Yeah, this is happening in Saga, not Soda. Soda has the match-4 fish, right? (I haven’t played Soda in at least a year so I don’t remember how the fish work in that game.) Saga recently got a “fishing season” match-4 thing, in addition to Saga’s original fish booster. And the fish booster is not working correctly, unless it’s a permanent new behavior. But thanks for passing this question along!
  • RobinC-2

FWIW it looks like the functionality of the fish has changed. Mix a color bomb and fish together you now get all of the colors changing to fish instead of the 3 fish that then multiple into 3 more. 

Hmm, I’ll have to try that! I’ve been avoiding using any fish since I noticed this problem, and I definitely wasn’t going to waste a color bomb on a bomb + fish combo—but now I’ll try it. I really wish King would tell players about new behaviors. They could at least tell us about them in the app update notes. (All the update notes are too generic now.) It’s not fun to learn this stuff as you play, when you expect a certain longtime behavior and get a different (and worse) result.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?