Anyone not able to play in the candy cup?

Options
yorkielvr3
yorkielvr3 Posts: 15 Level 2

I am trying to find out if anyone else is unable to play in the candy cup? I have the event graphics on my welcome screen and the green cup candies in game but I was never put in a group to play. I have updated the game and tried emailing support to find out why, with no reply. The only reason I can think of is maybe because I was one of the winners of 30 party boosters in the winter candy cup. My mom plays and is in the candy cup currently and I used her account to read the official rules and nowhere in the rules was anything about past wins disqualifying you. I am extremely frustrated as no one will answer my emails so this is a last resort. I am almost to level 14,000 and have been playing 10+ years and the events are one of my favorite parts, not being able to play as one of the most loyal players is extremely upsetting.

Comments

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 15,035 Legend
    edited June 2023
    Options

There are a number of players that have complained about not being able to play in the Candy Cup @yorkielvr3, but that is normal for every Event.

As I am sure you are aware every Event has the limitations that you have to be at level 25+ and that not everyone will be selected to play the Event as Events are always delivered to a random group of players.

Proximity to someone that has a particular Event/Feature does not influence whether you get the Event/Feature or not.

I must admit I have never considered whether or not people that don't get chosen to play in the Candy Cup still get the altered candy and splash screen. That is just rubbing salt in the wound.

Try a different approach with Player Support. Contact them saying that you want a refund for the money you have spent thinking that you would be part of the Candy Cup. See if that gets a response from them.

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 7,042 Legend
    Options

I have not been invited to play this event either, although I too get the graphics on my home screen. I am at levels above 14,000. I am not sure why but I think there are quite a few player in the upper levels who do not get the Candy Cup event.

• yorkielvr3
    Options

Thanks for the replies! Just glad to know I’m not the only one. It seems like ever since I went above 13,000, I get very little of the events now. I had also posted this question in support and it seems to have been deleted. So know I’m really wondering why support doesn’t want to answer.

• Elviramartinez_61
    Elviramartinez_61 Posts: 2,067 Level 4
    Options

l have not been able to participate in this event either 😪

• yorkielvr3
    Options

I’m sorry you have the same issue. It really sucks. Do you mind if I ask what level you are on?

• Alienscar
    edited June 2023
    Options

@yorkielvr3 So know I’m really wondering why support doesn’t want to answer.

Player Support, who you initially emailed, and the Support board here are two separate things.

Player Support is King's own support site whilst the Support board here is just fans of Candy Crush trying to help as best they can in an unofficial capacity

Whether you get answered here or in the Support board the people answering will be the same people.

I had also posted this question in support and it seems to have been deleted.

Cross posting, or posting the same comment on multiple boards is not allowed as it is seen as duplicate posting. Duplicate posting is considered spam.

That would be why your second post got deleted.

• yorkielvr3
    Options

Hi. Thanks for clarifying. I was under the impression some of the ones on the support board had inside connections to candy crush as I had seen things like “we have passed along this information”. I am sorry for the misunderstanding.

• Alienscar
    Options

The Moderators of this forum are just volunteers @yorkielvr3 and in many ways are no different to you or me. As far as I can tell they don't know anymore about issues than we do either.

What they do have that other members of this forum don't is contact with the managers of this site and the managers work for King. In theory the managers pass on feedback from this site to King and vice versa.

Long story short, and as far as I know, none of the Moderators can report anything directly to Player Support.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?