⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

someone using my facebook account to play candy crush

Marie_M
Marie_M Posts: 6 Level 2

A friend who never plays Candy Crush Saga, is annoyed as someone is using her Facebook account to play, she can't find who it is and doesn't know how to stop it. Thanks

Best Answer

• Marie_M
    Answer ✓

thank you to all for your time and advice. Finally my friend went into her Facebook security settings and found the candy crush application that she could delete from there. I do not see her account in the game anylonger. The issue is now closed.

Answers

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,681 Sweet Legend

Hi Marie, thanks for writing us here at King Care.  Where is she playing the game - computer or mobile device?  Who has access to her game?  I never heard of that before.  Please have her write here with more details.

• Marie_M

The fact is that she says she never played the game! And she has no idea who could do that. I agree it is very strange, could this have happened if she opened her Facebook account on someone else's device? Question is any way to stop this not knowing who it is?

• Maurice_Scorey
    Maurice_Scorey Posts: 1 Newbie

Tell your friend to change her facebook login password / username. That will lock out whoever has gained access to her facebook account. She might also want to change the "stay logged in on this computer" option.

• Marie_M

Thanks. She actually changed her password but it did not help. Will tell her to change the username as well. It is definitely not happening from her computer. 

• Maurice_Scorey

For me personally, I rarely have to log in to facebook, facebook remembers what computers I have used and keeps me logged in. It could be a case that whoever is using her account is using a computer that facebook recognises and assumes is your friend and therefore is not asking for a username or password.

The solution would be to change the username / password and then for your friend to log out of facebook using the log out button.

The next time someone tries to access her account facebook should require them to log in, which they won't be able to do with the username / password changed.

• Marie_M

Thank you Maurice, I'll let you know if this solution worked.

• _Elsa_

Marie, I am so puzzled about this.  How can someone get into her Facebook account unless it was a hacker?  Maurice gave an awesome response to this!  Thank you so much for helping!

• Maurice_Scorey

Elsa, Facebook remembers all the devices you use to access facebook / play games through facebook and keeps you logged in. so for example I can open candy crush app on my mobile and play without having to log in first, then when I get home from work I can go to facebook on my pc and play without have to log in first.

So If for example the op has logged in to facebook say from a work or public computer, facebook will remember that computer and the next person who uses that computer will have access to the ops facebook account as they will not be required to log in or enter a password.

The solution is to make sure that whenever you log in to facebook from a public device, is to make sure you log out after you've finished.

In your facebook account settings there is an option to view your activity log which will list alll the devices that have accessed your account and when. from there you can log out / delete any devices in the list, thus requiring those devices to log in with the username / password the next time they are used.

• _Elsa_

Wow Maurice, thanks for this information!  I never really gave it a second thought before but I better be more careful with my passwords.

• Marie_M
    Answer ✓

thank you to all for your time and advice. Finally my friend went into her Facebook security settings and found the candy crush application that she could delete from there. I do not see her account in the game anylonger. The issue is now closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?