⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Constant crashes on PC.

Answers

• Buffy
    Buffy Posts: 19 Level 2

Candy crush still crashing on Windows 10.  Is there a plan to fix this?  

• kstroud
    kstroud Posts: 10 Level 2

the game hasn't opened for two days.  

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,683 Sweet Legend

Hi guys, are you playing on a laptop because a player wrote me a couple of days ago saying that he thinks it might be a laptop issue.  I haven't heard of a fix yet.

• _Elsa_

Ok I need you to check this out for me please.  Everyone please check this out for me.  Are you playing with the game app that came with Windows 10?  Or are you playing with the installed game app that you have to install through the Microsoft store?  I had a problem with syncing between my desktop and laptop.  The laptop would not progress so I was told to install the app from the store and then it synced.  So maybe it's crashing because it's the version that came with Windows.  I need all of your feedback on this please.

• kstroud

I think I downloaded it through Microsoft store.  I have been playing it for months (on about level 1300) and this has only started happening in the past 2 weeks.  

• Miriam_
    Miriam_ Posts: 61 Level 2

I played CC on the laptop in the windowsapp. Like I said "played" because I quit this (once enjoyable) game, due to all the annoying changes King keeps making in the levels. They totally ignore the feedback from loyal players to stop this fiddling and therefore losing players, like me!!!! I have quit. 

• Buffy
    Buffy Posts: 19 Level 2

I am playing on a laptop and downloaded CC from the Microsoft store at least two years ago if not longer.  Still crashing so if it is not fixed soon I think I will quit the game at 3742.

• _Elsa_

Well guys, I just got word that uninstalling and reinstalling the game app should bring back the game.  But, before you do that I am trying to find out if uninstalling will cause you to lose your boosters.  So once I get the word I will let all of you know.

• kstroud

I've been away so I am just seeing this now.  To follow these instructions does this mean I would go back to level 1? if it does i'm not playing anymore unless I can be reimbursed the money I have spent getting to the level i'm on now. 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?