⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

CCS keeps crashing intermittently?

Options
Jane_Van_Fleet
Jane_Van_Fleet Posts: 13 Level 2

I'm using the most recent updates to Windows 10 on my laptop so I don't think this is the cause. Hoping this can be addressed before the newest level comes out on Wednesday!

Answers

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,708 Sweet Legend
    Options

Hi Jane, yes there is a glitch playing the game on Windows 10.  I have already passed the word to King but they can't notify the studio until they get to work tomorrow morning.  Hopefully it will be corrected before Wednesday.

• Jim_Wallbank
    Jim_Wallbank Posts: 5 Level 2
    Options

NO I don't but, I saw a fix that King put out about updating your Windows updates - I attempted that last nigh which took me over 2 hours!! It said that I had the most recent updates but, also told me that there was a Update available? So I loaded the Update and attempted it again this morning - still is c

• _Elsa_
    Options

Hi Jim, I don't believe that there is a fix yet.  Are you, by any chance, playing the game on a laptop because a player wrote that they heard it's happening more on laptops.

• Jim_Wallbank
    Jim_Wallbank Posts: 5 Level 2
    Options

Yes - I am using it on a Windows 10 Laptop. I have been playing the game for about 2 mos now and has not given me a problem. It started giving me Probs around the 300 level, only over the past few weeks. I don't know if this matters but I am using Google Chrome as my Browser - don't think so because others are reporting problems on other devices (PC's, Phones, Tablets)

• _Elsa_
    Options

Hi Jim, I am really starting to think that maybe it's a laptop issue.  I will let them know that a couple are now reporting that it's on a laptop and not a desktop.  Thanks for writing back here.

• Jane_Van_Fleet
    Jane_Van_Fleet Posts: 13 Level 2
    Options

Just tried to play older levels on my laptop while waiting for new levels to come out Wednesday, and CCS is still crashing intermittently two weeks after reporting this glitch. I'll check back again in another week. Still hoping this is resolved soon. 

• _Elsa_
    Options

Hi guys, the fix that they are telling the players to do is to uninstall the game app from your computer/laptop but be aware that all your boosters and lives might disappear.  They said that they would give you the boosters back so do a print screen and then uninstall and reinstall the game.  So far I am aware only of a couple of players that tried it.  One didn't lose his boosters, just the lives and he said that it's now working.  The other said it's still crashing.  A lot of players I gave them the steps and they haven't written back if it worked or not but chances are it had to work otherwise they would have come back here and complained that it didn't work.

• _Elsa_
    Options

Hey guys, I think it's still an issue because I am starting to see posts again that it's still crashing.  I have elevated it to a King Admin so she should be notifying the studio tomorrow morning.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?