⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

WHY HAVE PRICES GONE UP IN CANDY CRUSH SAGA FOR MORE COINS?

Options

I WENT TO PURCHASE MORE COINS TO CONTINUE A GAME THAT I ONLY NEEDED ENOUGH TO BUY EXTRA LIFE, SO 15 COINS FOR 1.99, BUT IT IS NOW ONLY 10 COINS FOR 1.99 THAT IS A 50% INCREASE IN COST AND SO I DID NOT BUY ANYTHING AND I WILL NOT IN THE FUTURE. 

GREEDY AREN'T YOU?

Answers

• Laura_Grosvenor
    Laura_Grosvenor Posts: 1,581 Level 4
    Options

Katrina, please do not type in all caps, as it is considered yelling and is rude. I will pass this on as feedback for you so the Moderator can pass it to the Studio. Thank you for writing and have a nice day. :)

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,701 Sweet Legend
    Options

Hi Katrina, thank you for expressing your thoughts here on King Care.  Unfortunately, I am just a volunteer that comes here to help the players with their issues so I cannot offer you any for your purchase.  

• Jennie_Ruth
    Jennie_Ruth Posts: 5 Level 2
    Options

It seems that King can avoid answering this question by using volunteers who can't or who are not allowed to answer.

• Laura_Grosvenor
    Laura_Grosvenor Posts: 1,581 Level 4
    Options

Jennie--we are here to pass this information on to the Moderators, who talk directly to the Studio (the Team that creates the game). We have passed this on to them, so please be patient and respectful towards King and the SuperStars while you wait. Thank you.

• Jennie_Ruth
    Options

Dear Laura, It's possible that Katrina is angry rather than rude. After all she has had no reply after 6 days on this page from the moderators, only a rebuke, as has been implied to me also. A Google search shows that many Candy Crush players are angry at the price increases which are not minor. To speak the truth is not disrespectful. Being a volunteer is not a thankful task, as I believe you should be paid for fielding unpopular comments. Bearing in mind the enormous profits that King make, it is hard to understand why their business model does not include dealing fairly with their clients. And who are the "SuperStars"? What do they do to earn/deserve King clients' respect?

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,701 Sweet Legend
    Options

Hi Jennie, I know that you addressed your message to Laura but I am a Superstar and would like to let you know why I enjoy doing this. 

Yes, it can be a thankless job at times. 

No, we don't get paid and we are just volunteers. 

I really and truly enjoy helping the players here and I empathize and totally understand the levels of frustration that the players are expressing here in the community because I share them as well.  I also play these games and many a time I wanted to throw my mobile device or laptop across the room but I didn't.  There is this draw that keeps pulling me back to the game.  It's called an addiction but I don't have to explain that to you because you and the other players who write here are probably just as addicted as I am.  

You are not able to see my face or feel my emotions as I read and respond here.  You also cannot see my face or feel my emotions when I report these glitches and wait and wait and wait and don't have an ETA for these fixes.  

There are two sides to every story and I am on both sides.  Yet I still come back here day after day after day.  And why?  Because there are so many awesome people that write here too.  Yes they are frustrated and angry and not all people express it with capital letters.  Katrina I am not saying don't do capital letters because I see capital letters as a vision tool.  I have vision that used to need larger size fonts so I see your capital letters more as easier to read than the anger. 

I truly do understand Katrinia's frustration and anger.  I responded to a few questions yesterday exactly on the same topic.  I don't know the reasoning behind these changes and would you like to know my frustration with all of this?  I cannot understand why the studio keeps introducing new challenges daily and weekly as the glitches seem to grow.  I know they are on top of the glitches and programming/coding is not an easy job.

So can you please put yourself in my shoes and Laura's shoes just for a minute?  We are compensated for our time so when we help in the community we do get loads of gold bars to the game of our choosing.  You can read more about it here:  https://care.king.com/en/blog/article/have-you-got-what-it-take-to-become-a-king

Ok, I think I'm done for now.  Have a nice day everyone!

• MarkHawk
    MarkHawk Posts: 4,061 Community Manager
    Options

Hi Katrina,

Thanks for your feedback for the in-game items. I'll make sure the Game Studio gets your feedback for the items in the store.

There are other ways to replenish lives for free in the game - friend messages being the most popular. Some of the live events will also offer unlimited lives. I hope you'll explore these options instead :-)

Kind regards,

- Mark

• Dd-5
    Dd-5 Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited September 2018
    Options

Katrina, please do not type in all caps, as it is considered yelling and is rude. I will pass this on as feedback for you so the Moderator can pass it to the Studio. Thank you for writing and have a nice day. :)

ITS RUDE TO RAISE PRICES! NO MORE CANDY CRUSH. YOU WONT GET ANOTHER DIME FROM ME! LEVEL 3735
  • Dd-5
    Dd-5 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options

Dear Laura, It's possible that Katrina is angry rather than rude. After all she has had no reply after 6 days on this page from the moderators, only a rebuke, as has been implied to me also. A Google search shows that many Candy Crush players are angry at the price increases which are not minor. To speak the truth is not disrespectful. Being a volunteer is not a thankful task, as I believe you should be paid for fielding unpopular comments. Bearing in mind the enormous profits that King make, it is hard to understand why their business model does not include dealing fairly with their clients. And who are the "SuperStars"? What do they do to earn/deserve King clients' respect?

Jennie you are so right. And who would volunteer for KING. NOW THATS STUPID
  • Jennie_Ruth
    edited September 2018
    Options

Much ado about nothing Mark. You present a simple message for Katrina:

1. This page can't answer your question.

2. You are an addict so will pay whatever prices King charges.

3. Put up with it. Addicts don't deserve any better.

Don't you think it is a tad narcissistic to refer to yourself as a Superstar? I wonder what you had to achieve to gain this label. No offense intended, just curiosity.

PS. Also sometimes people with disabilities type in capitals.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?