Why, oh why...

Options
ash555666
ash555666 Posts: 2 Newbie

So I have been a loyal crusher for about 8 years now. I'd pop in and out throughout these 8 years crushing away and killing it and fully enjoying myself as I did so. I am on level 1751 so not great but I'm definitely not new. I got on yesterday after about a year of not crushing only to find out that the beautiful and iconic music that was, no longer is a part of the game. Instead, you replaced it with music that would and could never compare to the magic that once was. Fine. I was getting used to it and giving it a chance. I mean at least you guys kept the same candy crush sound effects that youd get as you feverishly swipe away at the screen. WRONG. Today I logged on only to find out that EVERYTHING has now changed. That beautiful sprinkle bomb that used to make a sound that you hear from across the room? Gone? The clickity-clack of the candy readjusting itself that would fall as a result of candy that got crushed below it? GONE! Are you serious? You guys really did it this time. I just wanted to thank you for taking all of the magic that made this game what it was and stripped it away from me forever like a rug that just got horribly removed from underneath me. I also wanted to ask why? Are you guys seriously so "WOKE" now that you are fixing stuff that clearly did not need fixing at all? Please enlighten me because what you have done today has left me shattered in my heart of hearts and left me seriously crying because it is all GONE! Every sound and every piece of music on the soundtrack. Do you guys care at all about the people who have been here for nearly a decade or more? Or is this about appealing to the newer generation who could never come close to appreciating candy crush more than its veterans? Why couldn't you have just made a new game and left this one alone? It didn't need fixing and I will be Uninstalling. I'm sure many a people will agree with me and do the same. Thank you Candy Crush and all of the King crew but this is too much. 💔 I'm leaving the now shell of what was Candy Crush Saga forever. Thank you.

P.S. I really didn't know that yesterday would be my last 😢 no warning.

Comments

• summerrose1185
    summerrose1185 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options

I don’t prefer the new music soundtrack, but just like you, I was getting used to it.

The sound effects are almost the last straw for me, too. I can’t understand why anyone on their team would have decided the new sound effects are better than the old. The new ones are completely unsatisfying, especially compared to what they were. How is that any better? I hope it’s a mistake and will be fixed soon.

I literally joined this forum to see if anyone else was having this problem. I’ve been playing for years; Candy Crush is like therapy to me some days! The sounds were a HUGE part of that—they scratched an “itch” in my brain. So satisfying! And now … it’s almost completely ruined.

Really hope the staff behind the game sees this. Please change it back. I can take the music change even if I don’t like it, but the sound effects are enough to make me uninstall, too.

• ash555666
    ash555666 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

Thank you for responding and making me feel not so alone about this.. I truly am mortified and hope that they at least give us the option to use the old sound effects. They could've easily put that in the settings.

• ast777
    ast777 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Yessss!

My issue is slightly different but the same topic of Why do you have to change things which have ALWAYS been the same and honestly, literally the reason for the users to come back.

I’m also +8 years Candy crush player, for me the game is the best way to relax after work. Specifically over the past few months. What surprised me today were two things:

1) the changed blue candies into footballs - please, stop changing the way candies look like. I understand with Barbie, it was probably a paid campaign, fine. But why the footballs, why the guitars previously. This continuous change of the candies’ look is killing the experience SO MUCH.

2) candies do not disappear the same way anymore. I don’t know what changed particularly with the way they explode but it’s somehow slower, shinier … different.

Please, guys, i understand your product team is working hard behind these releases, but the experience that the game brings to the users is EVERYTHING for us. Honestly, it’s not the difficulty of the levels, it’s not the free boosters, it’s the experience around the music and the effects from exploding the candies, as crazy at it sounds. Just stop changing things which do not require improvements, maybe you can focus on other areas instead?

I hope you read these posts from time to time. Thanks!

• summerrose1185
    summerrose1185 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options

Yes!

I’m susceptible to migraines. The way the candies disappear now is almost a trigger to me. I totally get what you’re saying. It’s a subtle difference, but it’s not a good one, and it can have awful consequences for people like me. I wish my migraines weren’t triggered by certain light glimmers, but alas, the way the candies change now is close to what triggers them. I’m just waiting for it to happen.

Also yes the candies changing shape is so distracting. Surely there is a way for them to make it a choice for us? Some people might not mind the “promotional” candies, and for some of them, it’s not a big deal; I didn’t mind a few. But the Barbie Bs??? They were SO distracting and took away from the game!

It would be so easy for them to give us a choice about these things. They’re making so much money, surely they can just give us this much???

• Lisaknits
    Lisaknits Posts: 22 Level 2
    Options

I play Candy Crush Saga on my laptop and am SO disappointed at restriction to play the game only in portrait mode. Yuk. Time to look for another game...

• juspsgthru
    juspsgthru Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I'm right there with you, uninstalling never to play again...I can't without the original music and sounds....

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?