Who else thinks Candy Crush is not enjoyable anymore?

Options

Comments

• northerniceangel
    northerniceangel Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options

My entire family plays this game and spend a gross amount of money a week playing. Upwards of $100. Apparently, Candy Crush doesn't appreciate the players who helped grow their platform or receive critical feedback on how the latest changes are affecting the game and the players disappointment. OUR money and our time mean nothing to this platform, apparently now that they no longer need our support they're unwilling to make any tweaks recommended by the consumers. Will not spend another dime on this game and be disconnecting when I finish with lives, boosters and gold bars.

• Marbs5
    Marbs5 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I agree totally. It’s getting much too difficult and I refuse to sink anymore money into the game.

• cobwellac
    cobwellac Posts: 76 Pro Player 👑
    Options

I just posted the same sentiments. I used to spend a lot more $$ bc the game was winnable with boosters. Now, you have to buy more moves bc it’s unwinnable with the moves given.and the boosters don’t help . It’s dumb. Worse, it’s boring. I’m not here to play the same level for days on end.

• CandyCrushYA
    CandyCrushYA Posts: 420 Level 3
    Options

I'm in the 1500s, but those levels look fun with all the order locks, and cobras, and fences, and stuff

• Stichting_NoFap
    Stichting_NoFap Posts: 67 Level 2
    Options

Agree because of the tiny screen

• wenmagne
    wenmagne Posts: 11 Level 2
    Options

I completely agree that the higher you go the harder it gets and some are nearly impossible without boosters and extra moves. So many things that make it very clear that they WANT you to buy things to advance. Being on a fixed income doesn’t allow me that option, I don’t have the $$ to spend on a game. The chocolate box has changed and if you get stuck with items that you don’t have or never get them you can’t get the rewards. So when I get stuck I just play till I win and can move forward. It’s clear that for King it’s about buying items and spending $$. Such a shame.

• crush789crush
    crush789crush Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I’m at level 14150 and I’ve been finding the games extremely boring. Nothing new happening and impossible to complete without extra moves.

Time to find a new game.

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,076 Level 5
    Options

This is my view on this:

Candy Crush has changed over the past twelve months and it is only enjoyable for those players who adjust their playing strategy or game accordingly. Those players still waiting for the free pass and lucky boards we used to get with sheer persistence will find that they are stuck on levels for days and so get nothing but frustration. This game is now designed to be played using boosters. You no longer get a free pass eventually, but you will get a board eventually that leaves you one UFO or one lollipop hammer short of passing. So you need to save any free boosters you get in events for these boards.

To still enjoy Candy Crush it is imperative to understand that every aspect of the game is pre determined by King, the game boards, the events, everything is controlled by algorithms set by King. The competitions are illusionary and you are only competing by yourself against the game, not against others. Those who recognise this and accept the game as what it is can still enjoy it. Every player can win the gold in the episode races as the other players are not real.

Sadly in the 14,000 plus level range there really isn't anything you can do to make the game fun again unless you have some gold left from earlier parts of the game. Even with more than 1000 gold left I quit at level 15,000 because the level designs are just nothing but boring. I think from about 14,000 they just let a computer program design the levels, so they really aren't fun to play.

If you want the fun back, start at level 1 and play a new game, win all the episode races and make lots of gold, then you can beat this game.

• chalysanguyen1
    chalysanguyen1 Posts: 5 Level 2
    Options

they took away the ads for extra moves and boosters for the higher level players and want us to pay to pass that level so dumb!!!

• Terrell34
    Terrell34 Posts: 15 Level 2
    edited October 2023
    Options

This game has become a cash grab for king and it's sooooo obvious, who wants to be stuck on one episode for weeks unless you pay, ridiculous, that's why I quit 6 years ago, I only play now to pass the time at work

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?