No fun anymore!!

Options
Emme1
Emme1 Posts: 5 Level 2

Candy Crush is no fun anymore! The game “lets” me win about once every 2 weeks. I’ve lost the ads and each level seems to be a nightmarish difficulty that takes 200+ tries to win. I went from being in the top 5 each week to not even being able to will a game.

It’s time to find another way to spend my time!

Comments

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,988 Legend
    Options

Hi there and welcome to the community. What you are describing has been experienced by a lot of us. Please could you add which levels you are currently playing at? How long have you been playing Candy Crush?

• Emme1
    Options
  • christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,988 Legend
    Options

You have done well to get so far so quickly!

King have been making changes over the year you have been playing to make it harder and harder to progress if you don't spend money on the game. They are very manipulative. First they let players win to get them addicted and enjoy the game, thinking they are good at playing Candy Crush. After a while they introduce streak blocking levels that force players to spend the gold and boosters they had earned and might have accumulated earlier on in the game. They have taken away almost all chances to build up a store of free boosters now. Finally and most significantly in my view, they have finely tweaked many levels (especially those marked as "legendary") to no longer include a "lucky board" which in the past you could rely on to come if you were stuck on a level long enough.

The game has become unplayable in my opinion once you have run out of gold and boosters. I would advise anyone in this position to give the game a break and wait for better days or delete it altogether. Do not spend money on it because players that do don't get rewarded and in fact they take free ads away as soon as you spend real money. You will only have to pay again a few levels down the line. None of the offers are value for money any more.

• Rhonda_L
    Rhonda_L Posts: 542 Level 3
    Options

👍 👏 @christinewupp Very well said. This game has gotten ridiculous in the past couple months.

I'm trying to understand why I keep coming back to try and play it. Maybe the narcissist in me or hoping it'll get back to SOMEWHAT enjoyable!

I don't know, all I do know is I want those dang 200 GBs to continue on from 14481!!!! I am on a mission!

Happy Crushin' Saturday!

• stevethomas3838
    stevethomas3838 Posts: 82 Level 2
    Options

Improvement made today, at least on my game feed!!! Candy Royale has improved to a split of 1000 gold bars per 100 contestants!!!! Of course now you must win 16 in a row to be eligible for the prize!!! Since I have only managed to win 11 all week, not likely to happen!! Thanks KING!!!!

• Emme1
    Options

My "problem" seems to have started after I used an Apple gift card that was given to me for my birthday. Once I bought GBs and power ups, the games got harder and harder and the ads disappeared. I went from win streaks in the high hundreds to completing about 1 board a week!

• nawlinslady5029
    nawlinslady5029 Posts: 25 Level 2
    Options

Same here. Spent money, lost all my ads, boosters, hot air balloon. The new chocolate box is a joke. I was always in the top three. I can’t even get on the board now. After weeks of being on a level, BAM… legendary level. Every few lives I get a pop up wanting me to buy a booster. Not anymore. They won’t see another penny out of me till I start seeing ads again or something to help us. I don’t mind helping out developers and the game but this has become ridiculous. And no, I’m not putting the game down, I play my lives and go find something else to do. I used to really enjoy Candy Crush, it’s a shame they have become so greedy and I know they have seen the complaints from so many of us. I really hope they start the ads up again.

• Toni_Bologna
    Toni_Bologna Posts: 6 Level 2
    Options

I couldn’t agree more. I used to love this game. I still played all the time, but I despise it more and more every day. Unfortunately, the truth is it takes paying for a level to be able to pass it anymore. Very rarely do I ever get past a level without paying for it, which is exactly what they want. And then to add to it, all of my stored lives are gone, and I am not getting any more. They all just disappeared one day. I get many many requests for lives in my mailbox every day, but I am no longer receiving lives from other people. I am on about level 14,200? The game sucks. It just absolutely sucks but I put so much time and money into it that I don’t want to just walk away but I’m getting closer every day. Knock it off king … Just knock it off. At this point you’re just being rude.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?