LEGENDARY LEVEL

Options
124»

Comments

• Crazylove88
    Crazylove88 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited August 2023
    Options

I like the style of the legendary levels. It would be amazing if we could get fire animations inside the level as well.

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,115 Level 5
    Options

Really? Aren't there enough wildfires burning around the world at the moment? We don't need to make fun of them as well.

• christinewupp
    Options

I have been trying to work out how the levels are different for different groups of players ( and they ARE!) and just noticed (belatedly I admit) that one of my three games has no levels marked as legendary. It still has the hardest levels marked as "nightmarish". Although I used to think that the legendary label was just a new name for nightmarish levels I now no longer believe this. I managed to quite easily pass nightmarish level 1093 just now with just the top win streak and one lollipop hammer. I didn't even use starting boosters. In total contrast I played a new game recently in which I was stuck on legendary levels in the 600+ range despite using starting and win streak boosters, until I had played them about 25 times! So there is definitely evidence here that some players are being given easier levels and altogether easier games and I suspect that "legendary" means " We will never let you pass unless you pay 10 gold". Are we all just parts of different test groups? Candy Crush is grossly unfair.

• Fran334
    Fran334 Posts: 380 Level 3
    Options

I have had a few of those

• Tammy_Kory
    Tammy_Kory Posts: 435 Level 3
    Options

So apparently the nighmarishly hard levels weren't bad enough...weren't sucking out enough money from your players?? These new "legendary levels"---really bad name by the way---are ridiculous and unfair. I purchase things...I buy the "Sunday specials" and what not...but to spend my 2 hours of free lives and 3 boosters allowed for the level and still get NOWHERE is well-- the complete opposite of fun. It's wrong that a level would take that long...but fear not--your pop ups come right out after every single failure to buy MORE. NOPE. Stop ruining this game. You've made the call to keep facebook in portrait mode --too small to enjoy-despite that your players asked for an option. Who makes these decisions? Who sits around the table and says..."Let's make legendary levels so hard the players have to use gold bars and buy stuff!" ??? Well you make think it's a good idea, but doesn't make me want to buy more...just the opposite in fact.

• stevethomas3838
    stevethomas3838 Posts: 82 Level 2
    edited August 2023
    Options

I agree with you totally!! Have the same issues with Legendary Levels!! Done with this mess!!

• christinewupp
    edited August 2023
    Options

Well done to anyone who is quitting the game because of the legendary level mess. This is what my analyses have come to on the topic:

Some of the previously nightmarishly hard levels have been renamed "legendary" without actually changing the level in any obvious way. This move has thrown wide open the way King designers manipulate the game. It shows to me quite clearly that what makes the game hard or easy is how long it takes until players get a lucky board, which will "miraculously" drop the right candies from the top to make it easy to pass on that try. The algorithms decide when this lucky board appears in any one player's game, and there are different such algorithms for different subsets of players. Generally it seems that "legendary" now means that you will not ever get a lucky board, or that you will have to replay a level until you have lost your sanity to get a lucky board. So you are forced to pay gold to pass or use up your stock of party poppers and UFOs. Using other boosters on these impossible to pass levels is something I would not recommend as they have much better impact on other levels where they can get you on a win streak and help win the episode race. Legendary levels are best played as intended: Wait until they offer you enough moves to pass and then pay up the 10 gold. That is if you have any. If you are out of gold then it is time to quit.

Now here comes the flip side of the issue: I happen to have a game, now at level 1180, where there are no levels labelled as "legendary" at all. I zoom through these levels, an episode takes me half an hour, and I make 45 gold each time. I believe in this game King have chosen to give me an easy game algorithm, and I have found that nightmarishly hard levels in this game can be beaten with a combination of starting boosters and a top win streak plus maybe one lollipop hammer quite easily. If I fail I will get a lucky board after a few tries. These levels do however, at first sight, look exactly the same as other players' boards, players who are stuck for weeks on end. This is manipulation and the game is innately unfair. You will see in events like Sam's Streak and the Summer Cup that players top your group with unbelievably high scores. These are the players given the easier algorithms by King and there is nothing you can do to beat them. Do not spend money on this game! And remember that it is not a game of skill, not even a game of luck. It is what is is, and if you no longer enjoy Candy Crush then do not play.

• Pinkmoon429
    Pinkmoon429 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

I am ready to quit CCS after 12 years plus playing . I’m at 4992 and am so frustrated and stuck on this legendary level. It’s just not fun at all and I’m not spending any money to play!

• SigmaMMX
    SigmaMMX Posts: 331 Level 3
    Options

I like these legendary levels a little, they are challenging and this makes the game more fun, for me of course! I take advantage of episode races that have 2 or more legendary levels to play them when CR appears in my game.

And to top it off, King saw that players are "loving" these legendary levels and decided to give a "super" reward to those who pass on the first try. 

• Pyrolight
    Pyrolight Posts: 859 Level 3
    Options

That is a test feature, not everyone gets it. That being said it is pretty good since the boosters and time equals around 10 gold.

Also I have found legendary levels, lower levels, easier than Nightmarishly hard. Legendary levels usually have a more fixed "pattern" than nightmarish ones.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?