Robots Have Taken Over Weekly Contests

Options

I've seen this topic mentioned a few times, but no real answer has been given. The weekly contests have either been taken over by trolling bots who keep winning each week with well over 200 games won, OR I have the misfortune of being matched up against the biggest group of unemployed, bedridden folks. These are not friends that I've added from FB, or through an invitation as they are nowhere on my friends list. The claim is that these are surely humans and it's just the luck of the draw. Sure. If nothing else, can your developers figure out a way to allow people to opt out of the weekly contest?

Comments

• Rhonda_L
    Rhonda_L Posts: 540 Level 3
    Options

@Christineanne985 I, too, have a problem with what you're talking about. This week, I have 1 person I'm playing against from my friends list. The other 4 don't even have a banner, so there's no way to tell what level they're on. Therefore, I agree, they're bots.

To tell you the truth, I don't care about the Weekly Contest anymore. I don't need those boosters, nor do I want those timed things.

I would love to have a clear, fair playing field like it used to be. But King being King, it's not going to happen.

Have a great night!

• Deryck
    Deryck Posts: 1,133 Level 5
    edited September 2023
    Options

For perspective, I do (and always have) recognize all 6 names in my Weekly Contest (me included) from my Friends list, so maybe the bots only affect some players?

Interestingly, since the level rankings went away, I can tell no one's really playing. Last week's #1 person played like 45(? I forget) levels, and some friends who played like 70-100 levels weeks ago have joined me at 0. @QueenB Hope a Kingster is keeping track of the stats.. 🧐

• Arrowflinger
    Arrowflinger Posts: 322 Level 3
    Options

I won last week's weekly contest on one of my devices with 9 passed levels. It's my original account that i played for maybe 20 or 30 minutes in months.

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,567 Level 5
    Options

Hi there. I would like to apologise to you for being one of the robots or "bedridden, unemployed folk" . I have started conducting my own research into how the game works and am currently playing a new game every week from level 1 through to level 255 every week. Of course I have no choice who I get placed in a group with in the weekly race and feel bad about winning it every time. I also have another really easy game with no legendary levels and lots of lucky boards, and generally I play through an episode in half an hour, so I win that with 200+ levels every week as well. None of us have any choice who we play against and we cannot opt out of the weekly race, which I would gladly do. I am retired but a keen gardener and I have lots of hobbies apart from Candy Crush. I play half an hour here and there, passing one episode each time.

• whocares2
    whocares2 Posts: 10 Level 2
    Options

The leader of the group I am in this week already has over 270 wins and it is only Wednesday!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?