⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Where is the Halloween special event for Candy Crush Saga?

Options
Errol_Satz
Errol_Satz Posts: 61 Level 3

King is promoting a special event seen in this tweet:

"Spooktastic Party" where you can apparently win boosters but I cannot access it in any of the three platforms I'm playing on (Facebook, Android and at King.com). This is the second time King has had a holiday event that I couldn't participate in. I have updated all my software, logged out and logged in again, and done the other things the (not very helpful) auto-reply emails suggest you do when you have ptoblems. Nothing! No fun. If anyone is seeing and playing this special event, can you tell me where and how you are seeing it?

Best Answer

• aCe
    aCe Posts: 1,442 Level 2
    Answer ✓
    Options

Not everyone has this promotion Errol. King normally add them to maybe 70% of players games. So there is always a possibility that you won't get them. Just thought I'd let you know you can stop searching. I don't have this new one either. 

Answers

• aCe
    aCe Posts: 1,442 Level 2
    Answer ✓
    Options

Not everyone has this promotion Errol. King normally add them to maybe 70% of players games. So there is always a possibility that you won't get them. Just thought I'd let you know you can stop searching. I don't have this new one either. 

• Errol_Satz
    Options

Thanks, I appreciate knowing that.
  • Errol_Satz
    Options

Halloween day and I still haven't gotten this event. I was told I would see it eventually but King's definition of eventually must be different than mine. aCe (thanks!) was correct, and I should have spared myself the frustration of searching and looking for answers, but I'm stubborn. :)

• Ol'_Cuddahey
    Ol'_Cuddahey Posts: 9 Level 2
    Options

I don't have the answer, and while "aCe" may be correct for some instances of not getting a particular challenge, that would be impossible in at least my case. I used to get challenges...the same ones other friends and family got. And yes, occasionally someone would be skipped . But now I have not received one in several months, and in December, others are getting them daily, yet I've not received even one. 

If this is done by some random selection process, surely I'd have received at LEAST a few ot these. People I know are ALL getting the same challenges on the same days. Something else is at play here.

• Errol_Satz
    edited December 2015
    Options

Yes, my problem is not really solved, I just changed my attitude and decided not too pursue it. That works best for me, but I'm a quitter and quitting is not for everybody. ;)

Ol' Cuddahey, I wish you success on getting a genuine working solution to the ongoing problem. 

• Ol'_Cuddahey
    Ol'_Cuddahey Posts: 9 Level 2
    Options

Errol,

Thanks for  the reply. It's good to know at least SOMEONE is listening.

Unfortunately, as I've contacted King in every way possible more than once, and never received any more than a form letter, or, even more insulting, a promotional letter for more games, I don't hold much hope for any REAL human interaction or a solution to my problem.

King is showing it's true 'self'. There are people with far more serious problems than mine, like losing 'paid for' boosters etc., and if this is the kind of "help" they receive, King better be ready for a flood of law suits.

Don't give up. Keep after them. Pester them until they can't ignore you. Make players here aware of your plight. IF King cares at all, they'll move to stop you smearing them all over their own site!! Good luck!

• Ro_Bumgarner
    Ro_Bumgarner Posts: 6 Level 2
    Options

I think it's a glitch. I could play it a couple of times on pc, then it wouldn't let me back in.  It's fine on my tablet and I haven't tried mobile phone.   BTW,  yesterday was first time it showed up.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?