game crashing everytime I select a level or try to send lives to others.

jschafer4
jschafer4 Posts: 5 Level 2

Every time I try to play, it gets as far as sending lives to others and then takes me back to desktop - if I do not choose to send lives, then it crashes back to desktop when I select the level to play.  It will not let me play!  This started right after I got an update to Candy Crush Saga.  do not know what the update was - happened automatically...about 10-14 days ago.  I have powered down my phone numerous times, have even removed the battery to reset, still won't work. How to reset the game?

Best Answer

• MamaJean
    MamaJean Posts: 5 Level 2
    Answer ✓

I was having the same issue. I freed up memory by clearing the history and data use in safari. It's like deleting temporary internet files on a desk top. Go to settings, then safari. Scroll to the bottom and hit "clear data and history". This worked for me.

Answers

• Cezdiamond
    Cezdiamond Posts: 6,498 Community Manager

Hi there- Thanks for posting on King Care. I am really sorry that you have been experiencing a problem with Candy Crush Saga on your mobile. Let's try and get things running smoothly again. 

Please could you try our troubleshooting steps here: https://care.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/loading-crashing-issues-android 

Let me know how you get on, have a sweet weekend! 

• MamaJean
    MamaJean Posts: 5 Level 2
    Answer ✓

I was having the same issue. I freed up memory by clearing the history and data use in safari. It's like deleting temporary internet files on a desk top. Go to settings, then safari. Scroll to the bottom and hit "clear data and history". This worked for me.

• jschafer4

I don't have Safari as I do not use Apple products. However, I did go into Apps, Candy Crush Saga, and cleared my Cache.... at least I am able to get into the game to play now.... have not gone any further than that yet. Thank-you!!!
  • jschafer4

Well... I spoke too soon - after I select the level to play, it is still taking me back to my desktop and not allowing me to actually play! I guess I will try clearing something else out to see if that helps...
  • jschafer4

I heard from someone that there is a way to reset the game itself, but the only thing I know how to do is to restart or fully boot the phone itself. Can anyone tell me how to RESET the game?
  • jschafer4

Hi there- Thanks for posting on King Care. I am really sorry that you have been experiencing a problem with Candy Crush Saga on your mobile. Let's try and get things running smoothly again. 

Please could you try our troubleshooting steps here: https://care.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/loading-crashing-issues-android 

Let me know how you get on, have a sweet weekend! 

I tried the things you mentioned except for deleting and reinstalling the game. I would prefer not to lose the levels I have made it to, so am reluctant to reinstall. Do you know how to reset the game? Somebody said I should try that, but they did not tell me how to do that. Thank-you!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?