Disappointed about the ads

Options
givelazco
givelazco Posts: 2 Newbie

I have been playing for more than 10 years and I never have an ad. I didn't know anything of their existence.

I knew about it recently because my husband started playing.

I feel disappointed, all these years playing without any help.

I read others with the same problem and they got the same answer, which I don't believe is a random thing, how the random never picked my user over 10 years or more?

I will stop playing for good, I feel scammed.

Comments

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,914 Legend
    Options

Hi there @givelazco . I have played the game also for years without ever having ads in my game and I reached level 15,000 and managed to now reach level 1656 in a game I only started in July, without ads. I have tried a game with ads and didn't enjoy it nor did I find they helped very much. Don't feel scammed just because you are in a different test group than your husband. The game plays differently for the two groups, but if you look closely you might see that your game has better events or better rewards. For example if you get stuck on a level you will pay 10 gold to play on, after watching an advert this will cost your husband 16 gold. The extra moves given by watching an ad before a level never help to pass it and the boosters you get for watching ads are starting boosters which in higher levels don't help much at all. In my experience the advert test group do sometimes lose their ads, usually after making an in app purchase (so warn your husband not to spend any money!) and those who start off without adverts practically never get them later on. Ads don't "come and go", but are more permanent in my experience. Each player has a different game, and your husband will probably get stuck on levels just the same, even though he has adverts, when he gets to the harder levels (They won't give him five extra moves plus a UFO forever). Adverts are just a waste of time, quite literally, in my opinion. If you have never had them in your game then you won't miss them. However, if you have been playing for 10 years then you probably will have hit the really hard level ranges now, so this may well be the reason why you feel the way you do.

• Arrowflinger
    Arrowflinger Posts: 322 Level 3
    Options

Different platforms get different events. I set up different accounts on all the different platforms to test this theroy. The games are not linked to each other, so they are completelly individual games. On Facebook, mobile/tablet and Windows app. I found that the easiest of the games was on Windows app but that's the one with the least amount of events with no candy royale, season pass or sweet cinema or any other ad based event. It does offer daily quests to win boosters. The Facebook game also has no sweet cinema or season pass, but does get candy royale daily.. sweet cinema & season pass seem to only be for mobile/tablet players.

• Fran334
    Fran334 Posts: 380 Level 3
    Options

@Arrowflinger i play this game on a mobile phone and two other I pads I used to get the free daily video thing but I don’t know what happened it just vanished from my phone and the other two devices but I have never given the game makers any money so I don’t know what happened from a game advertisement

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?