What is Candy Royale and how does it work?

Options
QueenB
QueenB Posts: 13,682 Community Manager
edited December 2023 in Discussions

Make way for her Royal Highness, the Jelly Queen! Her wobbly Majesty has a challenge for you, and this time Gold Bars are the grand reward.

Do you have what it takes to beat the levels in the new Candy Royale challenge? 

Keep on reading to learn:

• How Candy Royale works
  • What you can win
  • When you can play the event
  • Opting out

How does it work?

Candy Royale is a brand-new event where you compete with data from 99 players that played that level.

The challenge is simple. All you have to do is complete a certain amount levels on your first attempt (without losing a life) on your Saga map within 24 hours. That’s it!

Will you be one of the lucky winners?

Screenshot shows the starting screen of Candy Royale, with the 500 Gold Bars as a reward for the winners in a pink cup and the text: Win 7 levels in a row to ear your share of 500 Gold Bars.

What can you win, and how?

Lots of gleaming Gold Bars are up for grabs and will be split evenly between all players in your team that completed the challenge successfully.

If you’re the only one to complete all levels in a row without losing a life, then you’ll win the entire jackpot! That’s right! All those shiny Gold Bars for you!

When can you play Candy Royale?

If you don’t manage to beat all levels in one go, you can always try again after 30 minutes. When you’ve completed the challenge, you can play Candy Royale again after 8 hours.

Can you opt out of Candy Royale?

At this time, it's not possible. As with all our features, we might tweak things over time, and we'll listen to our players to make more changes. 

Comments

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,144 Level 5
    Options

Okay, as this has been posted here, perhaps you could clarify how the other 99 players we compete with are chosen. It can't by definition be a real time event, because there is no physical way that could possibly be worked. We get our reward immediately when finishing, so the other players must by definition all have finished prior to ourselves so we know what our share is.

Hence it has to work like the episode race and players are chosen according to how they performed in the past. My question is : Are they in any way randomly picked? If they are random, how come that usually just one or two other players seem to drop out at the first level? That seems to counter any logical reasoning or mathematical model I can figure out. Are our competitors picked according to our previous performance? That would explain why the payout gets less and less the more often you win. Any clarification on this?

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,111 Legend
    edited November 2023
    Options

What! Have you heard the expression 'rubbing salt into the wound' @QueenB? After all the feedback you have had since at least April about how unpopular the mandatory nature of the Candy Royale is how can you post this and say 'we'll listen to our players to make more changes.' 

• DBrain
    DBrain Posts: 626 Level 3
    edited November 2023
    Options

I have completed all 14 levels in a row without losing a life several times recently just before the cup season, the reward wasn’t encouraging at all after putting all focus on the game

I noticed as I kept winning my levels to beat kept increasing going up till I got to 14 and I stayed there for awhile then it dropped to 7 at the start of the cup season, and It has stayed there even after some wins..The reward is still very poor, no matter how fast I play to clear the levels I still end up with 19 to 20+ gold bars.

l vividly remember winning all 500 gold bars several times last year and even when I don’t win all the reward is always juicy but I noticed King did some changes this year, Splitting the rewards with participants not necessarily the winners. I’ve gotten to my safe place on few times and stopped to continue the next day I still ended up with the 19-20+ wins.Even when I try to do the maths with the players I shared the rewards with it doesn’t add up, there’s always some gold bars left, It’s confusing and it’s seems impossible to win all gold bars right now.

Although king recently start throwing boost on each level passed while playing the candy Royal which I find very interesting and helpful. Kudos

• Peter_Tornaros
    Peter_Tornaros Posts: 1,995 Level 5
    Options

This game is a farce. You won't get any answers as the game is just another effort to extract $$$ from the players. I refuse to play it and wish I could get rid of the drop down screens trying to tempt me to play.

• Colleen12
    Colleen12 Posts: 708 Level 4
    Options

@QueenB I think the time for "tweaking" Candy Royale is long gone. Players clearly don't like this event so why can it just not be deleted like other features?

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,144 Level 5
    Options
  • Spinnifix
    Spinnifix Posts: 24,793 Sweet Legend
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hello, thank you for the article. I was also a player who was against it. Now I have to say that the studio came up with something for this. There are boosters for every level you win. That wasn't there before. Now the number of levels changes often and I think that's good. I'm getting through the event better now. Sure, I'll fall out even if I'm stuck. I think it's good and there should still be a close button for it. I would like to say something more about this. For me personally, it's not nice when the avatar is thrown away like that. It gives me a headache. Yes, I am an emotional person. Couldn't this function be changed? That's kind of brutal.

Have a nice day everyone

• MonicaYellow
    MonicaYellow Posts: 693 Level 3
    Options

I was very excited to have Candy Royale back (albeit a new version)in my game, after such a long while, and didn't do too badly for a new start:

Candy Royale and Champions Race passed me by, in those days that I chose to finish all the newly released levels on the day of release.

I had missed so many opportunities to collect gold bars, then I decided to pile up the new levels to chase my gold bars later, and in so doing, also having a real chance to play events that require or favor new levels.

Now I'm beginning to have fun again playing my own account.

• Arrowflinger
    Arrowflinger Posts: 322 Level 3
    Options

I'm wondering just how many different versions of candy royale there actually are. In my new game I get it every 3 days, not every 8 hours stated in the post from Queenb. The payouts for completing it on my mobile/tablet are also in the low 20s to mid 30s every time. When I played my originally game on Facebook I would get higher payouts for completing it and get the event daily. I guess the payouts are manipulated by whatever group of players king assigns you in since the payout is already pre determined before you start.

• DBrain
    DBrain Posts: 626 Level 3
    Options

No please don’t delete it,I am always looking forward to Candy Royal because I like challenges especially when the level is high.. I like the game just make it worth struggle by increasing the gold bars shared instead of letting some go to waste @QueenB

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?