Regarding the issue with Malwarebytes

Options
_Elsa_
_Elsa_ Posts: 36,780 Sweet Legend

I have already contacted Malwarebytes because something went wrong with their program and they are blocking me from playing CC Saga through Facebook.  If you want to play then try what I did.  Go to your account on Malwarebytes and then click on the Protection tab.  I closed the first three things and then I was able to play the game on Facebook.  Once I get a response or they correct the problem I will update all of you.

Best Answer

Answers

• aggravated_
    aggravated_ Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options

Not an answer but this is happening to me. Malwarebytes is blocking the site is what it says. Not sure how to fix it.

• _Elsa_
    Options

Hi aggravated, I'm waiting to hear back from Malwarebytes for a solution.  In the meantime, did you try what I suggested above?  It worked for me last night - just go to your account and then click on the prevention tab and turn off the top 3 things.  Of course, now I'm getting a pop up box from them saying that the prevention is turned off but at least I was able to play CC Saga on my computer last night.

• _Elsa_
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi aggravated, try it now.  I just put my default settings back on for Malwarebytes and then the game opened up.  So it's working now.

• Moochie_Sidoo
    Moochie_Sidoo Posts: 13 Level 2
    Options

Not an answer..........I tried the suggested fix and it didn't work for me. Now what? King has no solutions, yet it's their product! Grrrr

• _Elsa_
    Options

It's not a King problem.  Mine is now working.  Put your Malwarebytes back to the default settings and try it again.  

• Linda_Bush
    Linda_Bush Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options

Mine is doing the same thing. Malwarebytes is blocking it. Says cloudfront.net is causing the problem. I don`t want to disable malewarebytes because I am afraid it might put a Trojan or virus on my comp. If you disabled malwarebytes you might run a scan to make sure you didn`t get a Trojan or virus on your comp.

• Peggy_LaBoda
    Peggy_LaBoda Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options

Hi aggravated, try it now.  I just put my default settings back on for Malwarebytes and then the game opened up.  So it's working now.

I restored the defaults and still have the problem. I do think there may be a Trojan pop-up somewhere in the Candy Crush Saga through Facebook.
  • Peggy_LaBoda
    Peggy_LaBoda Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options

It's not a King problem.  Mine is now working.  Put your Malwarebytes back to the default settings and try it again.  

It didn't work for me. I do think it is a King problem. Disabling any of Malwarebite's functions is not a viable option.
  • janeys
    janeys Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited September 2017
    Options

Not the answer... Hi Elsa, this question is marked as solved but It isn't.  If I do what you say I will allow whatever malwarebytes is blocking into my system, when I then turn the top three back on of course the program will play as I will have allowed the malwear in.  If King don't sort this maybe it's time to stop playing, would be a shame as I enjoy this game.

• _Elsa_
    Options

King Care is aware of the problem and they are trying to work on it as we speak so hang in there or try a different browser.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?