⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Candy Crush - Flash/HTML5 change

Options
John_Porter
John_Porter Posts: 174 Level 3

At level 2825 CC states "You have reached the end of the journey. Unlock more levels by updating your browser". My browser IS up to date but I cannot proceed. I think what King means is that we can no longer play CC on the King platform. What evidence to I have for this assertion? I opened Facebook (which I hate) and launched the game. It worked - I have access to the next 15 levels. I am on King level 455 as you can see from the attached screenshot using the King website, however, my King rating has disappeared using the Facebook version - see attached. In fact I can no longer see my friend "Nipper" and others either. The playing experience in Facebook is slower and clumsy. I can appreciate why King are moving games from Flash to HTML5 but this feels like a step backwards and is likely to result in users stopping playing King games AND spending money - resulting in lost revenue! This could have been avoided by clear information and LISTENING to users views. King does not seem interested in its customers and I am now considering not playing a King game again!

Candy Crush Facebook screenshot.pdf

Candy Crush level2825.pdf

Answers

• FrancoisNicollet
    FrancoisNicollet Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

Bloqué au niveau 2825 !!Mettre à jour mon navigateur qui est bien à jour !!!Comment faire ???

• Cjay1997
    Cjay1997 Posts: 85 Level 3
    edited November 2017
    Options

I agree with you. The transition feels like moving backwards instead of forwards, like you said. The new format has a lot of disadvantages in terms of its function. Some players complained about the new format, but unfortunately the developers didn't listen to players. Like in fact that I made the request about the extension for Flash, but same here. It sounds like that after 2825, the game has been taken over by the new format and there's no turning back. That action results in losing players' interest in playing CC and others.

• PippoApps
    PippoApps Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options

It is moving backwards. The war against Flash is all marketing oriented, and control oriented (Google, Facebook, Apple, etc. cannot sniff inside Flash binaries, but they do sniff everything we do using so called "open standards", which are open only to tech giants). Forget the quality of Flash games, and be ready for crappy, insecure, low quality, buggy JavaScript games. With quality games in browser, giants wouldn't make money out of app stores. Even with the amazing resources and great developers they have at King.com, a JavaScript game could never compete with a Flash game. Enjoy the new world of tech giants control. IT is gone long ago as a creative environment.

• PippoApps
    PippoApps Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options

Also developers have no choice. They have to adapt to what giants dictate. The war against Flash has advantages only for big $ corporations, not for users.

• Cjay1997
    Cjay1997 Posts: 85 Level 3
    Options

Also developers have no choice. They have to adapt to what giants dictate. The war against Flash has advantages only for big $ corporations, not for users.

In other words, Flash lost the war in hands of "modernization". HTML5 is a modernized stuff. When you completed 2825, you can see the message saying that you forced to update your browser in order to advance to 2826. You have won the battle, but you lost the war because of "giving up". As we know that, the developers started to scratch players off the list in action.
  • drp
    drp Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

Flash is insecure and outdated. It needs to go (anyone remember RealPlayer?). Too bad the HTML5 version doesn't more closely duplicate the flash version. Maybe there are technical reasons for that. The new one is mostly inferior but it does have a few nice features. We can either learn to like the new one (as most people probably have) or find something else to play. Sad to see an old friend go now that IE is not supported.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?