๐ŸŒถ๏ธ๐Ÿฌ Hot & Sweet right now in Candy Crush Saga!

What I want for Christmas from King ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ…๐Ÿผ

Options
2ยป

Comments

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,750 Level 5
    Options

Sorry you can't get rid of Candy Royale by turning wifi off, @snowcrab . I thought it might work, but couldn't try it out myself because I am always glad when it shows up in my game.

I guess we will have to agree to differ on the skills question. It's probably a question of how you define "skill". I played two episodes just now in under one hour, won the 21 level version of Candy Royale and two champions races in the process and enjoyed the game as well, bringing my gold balance to over 10,500 now. But I just don't think skill was involved in any of it! It was just having fun playing boosters wisely and playing as the game intended me to play. I think they've made the levels easier to pass again today (being Monday, when there is no competition going), so taking advantage of when the going is good, it's a good opportunity to make some gold to buy boosters to play the game, and enjoy the game. We all have a different style of playing and a different idea of what it means to play skillfully. Some of us zoom through the levels like I do, others take a week and wait until the game lets them pass. Either way it's fine if you enjoy playing that way and either way there is pattern recognition involved of course, but for me skill is just something different altogether.

• hickhighs
    hickhighs Posts: 16 Level 2
    Options

@christinewupp are you just starting off the game because there is no way to complete two episodes in under one hour. There is also no way of playing higher levels without boosters and if you use boosters there is no way to end up with 10500 bars because you will constantly keep using them for boosters. So the point is that you are painting a rosier picture of the game as it is today than how most of us experience it. It is nothing but frustrating.

• auduali
    auduali Posts: 46 Level 2
    Options

HAPPY CHRISTMAS WISHES ALL TO CELEBRATE PEACEFULLY. I WANT ONE IPHONE 14 FROM THE KING

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,750 Level 5
    Options

@hickhighs I have three games, of which I enclose the screenshots as you seem to be doubting that I am telling the truth. I wouldn't know how to play so quickly if I hadn't been playing for many years. Experience certainly plays a part, you get used to the patterns and recognise them very quickly without having to think. All of my three games I can play an episode in half an hour because I enjoy playing fast and I am by no means the only one. It's the only way to top any of the leaderboard events since King introduced the 30x multiplier for new levels. One way I do it is to take advantage of the timed boosters I get on a Monday morning by having won the weekly race and Sam's streak, and then often the 5 min chocolate box UFO ads to that. I managed to get through an episode in 19 minutes once, that was my record when I had a timed party popper from Sam's streak. If I manage to keep my win streak then I can zoom through levels with many moves to spare.

Of course I use boosters! Candy Crush in 2023 is decidedly designed to be played using boosters, now more than ever before. If you play quickly like I do then you will of course automatically win every episode/champions race, so that refills my gold. I agree that King are making it difficult to play without spending money or cheating at the higher levels now and it angers me, too. The game is grossly unfair and favours the cheaters in every event they run.

I started my latest game in the summer to test out how far I would get using no cheats at all nor spending any money and this is how far I am now on that one. I admit I am not making a gold profit at the moment on that game as I do spend my gold to buy boosters, but so far I get by and still enjoy the game.

These are my other two games.

For me, my strategy of fast play works. I don't enjoy playing if I get stuck on a level too long, so I quit and try again and quit and try again until one single booster at the end, or 10 gold to play on, will pass it. As I said above, everyone has a different playing style. Just enjoy the game, your way. But I am surprised any of you still enjoy playing Candy Crush trying to pass levels without boosters. To me it seems so pointless, as it's just watching candies drop until the game lets you pass. I also don't understand why players continue to play if they find the game nothing but frustrating. If everyone stopped playing when the game is no longer enjoyable, then maybe King would make the game fun again for everyone.

I think we should close this thread now as Christmas is over and I didn't get the present I wished for from King. No surprises there.

Happy New Year!

• snowcrab
    snowcrab Posts: 25 Level 2
    Options

Christinewupp, you are obviously a skilled player. Iโ€™m using some of your very own quotes to prove it ๐Ÿ˜„

โ€œI wouldn't know how to play so quickly if I hadn't been playing for many years. Experience certainly plays a part.โ€- youโ€™ve honed your skills over the years!

โ€œIt was just having fun playing boosters wiselyโ€- the decisions you make with boosters affect the outcome!

โ€œFor me, my strategy of fast play works.โ€- strategy would have no bearing if the game was rigged!

โ€œI started my latest game in the summer to test out how far I would get using no cheats at all nor spending any money and this is how far I am now on that one.โ€- your skills have you cruising through those levels, whereas a beginner would struggle so much!

• auduali
    auduali Posts: 46 Level 2
    Options

HELLO KING COMMUNITY I DIDN'T SEE MY IPHONE14 YET I AM WAITING ONCE I RECEIVE IT I WILL POST THE PICTURE OF MY PHONE TO THE COMMUNITY.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?