How do I opt out of hatching the baby dragon?

Speedoo
Speedoo Posts: 4 Newbie

It’s been about 2 weeks now since I became unable to access Candy Crush due to a baby dragon egg ( sometimes a capsule) that I don’t want to participate in. Your previous reply directed me to an “answer,” which turned out to be another user experiencing the same problem. I guess my question is, why have you destroyed a perfectly good game by cluttering it with extras that many players don’t want? And when will I be able to access the game again without having to deal with the stupid dragon egg?

Answers

• JustPlaying
    JustPlaying Posts: 4,196 Level 5

Hi Speedoo,

I just hit the back button on my device and it takes me out of the dragon screen and back to the map.

• Speedoo

Thanks, JP, but I’m playing on an iPad. Typically Apple, there is no back button. I restart the game at least once daily, but close it in frustration when I get trapped on the dragon egg screen. On the bright side, it’s a big help in breaking my Candy Crush addiction!

• JustPlaying
    JustPlaying Posts: 4,196 Level 5

Hi Speedoo,

I have forwarded this to a mod to see if they can help.

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

• MarkHawk
    MarkHawk Posts: 4,061 Community Manager

Hi Speedoo,

If you don't want to participate in the event then try the iOS back button: firmly press the left side of the screen and swipe all the way to the right side of the screen (lifting your finger before then or increasing the pressure will open the app switcher instead.) 

• Speedoo

Hi Speedoo,

If you don't want to participate in the event then try the iOS back button: firmly press the left side of the screen and swipe all the way to the right side of the screen (lifting your finger before then or increasing the pressure will open the app switcher instead.) 

Thanks Mark. This sounded like the solution, but I’ve been trying it, and it doesn’t work. I do feel like I learned something about iOS, it just doesn’t seem to apply in this app. An “x” in the corner would be a welcome addition!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?