Level 745 is a joke

Options
bestXxbudxXlayf
bestXxbudxXlayf Posts: 19 Level 2
edited January 24 in Discussions

Nightmarishly hard level with rope, jellyfish, and swirled candy. You only get 23 moves. NO ONE is beating this level without extra turns or an insane amount of boosters.

Comments

• KingSlayer23
    KingSlayer23 Posts: 88 Level 3
    Options

you are so right... so accumulate a few space ships, then try the level again

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,051 Level 5
    edited January 25
    Options

Before about level 10,000 every level is winnable without an insane amount of boosters. I have found that although some levels may not currently be passable completely without boosters, the game will always let a player pass eventually either using one or two lollipops, switches, a single UFO, or starting boosters. Level 745 will fit into one of these categories. I will try it out and post later on my findings. This is my starting board. Is yours different @bestXxbudxXlayf ? I seem to have 24 moves and yes, ropes, but no jellyfish?

• christinewupp
    Options

Here is what I found:

My general strategy is to always play the first move the game suggests. After that, if I see no better move, I also usually will play the suggested move. If there is going to be a lucky board the suggested moves may trigger it and make it obvious. In this level, by 7 or 8 moves from the end, you can see if there is a chance to pass or not.

On my 8th attempt I got close. I take this a sign the game is wanting me to try harder to pass. So at this point I start to play the three starting boosters (not before I get close without them, because we don't get many and can't waste them)

I play starting boosters and follow my strategy above.

The game gives me an opportunity on attempt no. 10 to create a striped/colour bomb combo. I can see this will be a winning move!

And it is! By 3 moves left the game gives me another helping hand with this wrapped/colour bomb combo:

Job done just with starting boosters @bestXxbudxXlayf . Also, @KingSlayer23 using UFOs in a level with rainbow swirls is not recommended, since UFOs will break these up and make a level harder to beat. Never use a UFO before all the rainbow swirls have gone!

• christinewupp
    edited January 25
    Options

I did. Just with starting boosters.

Above I showed how I did it along with some tips on how to beat other levels that "NO ONE" is going to beat without an insane amount of boosters or extra turns. There are general rules that will beat the algorithms of any of these levels in this range. They do get harder to beat over level 2000 though, and then again over level 4000 etc. I think over level 12,000 indeed no one is going to beat some levels, so save up your gold and boosters for those!

• Pyrolight
    Pyrolight Posts: 838 Level 3
    Options

I found around 1500 Nightmarish levels go into full #$@% mode as well as I noticed that all levels were aggressively trying to force the use of hammers and such. The amount of special candies popping on contact or just going off due to a gentle breeze near them when I had a hammer or two was insane.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?