Game end cascade being stopped deliberately.

Options
KimmyA1
KimmyA1 Posts: 77 Level 2

So I have had my suspicions about this for some time, where it appears the game is stopping the final board cascade when the counter hits 0.

The following happened today- I reached 0 moves, I paid for extra moves with 10 gold bars, then when the game resumed the board carried on cascading - without me making a single move - and guess what I didn't need any extra moves because the last dragon dropped.

Had the board completed cascading before cutting me off, I would have completed the level and saved my precious gold, which is SO hard to earn for free now.

So in my mind I'm clear this tactic has been confirmed - anyone else notice it?

Comments

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 13,790 Legend
    Options

@KimmyA1 has the game ever cascaded if you lost the level?

I associate end of level cascades with completing a level. These cascades have been changed to reduce the number of points and coloured candy that can be collected.

• Kerrie
    Kerrie Posts: 2,139 Level 4
    Options

This has happened to me many times.😡

@Alienscar to me it looks like the cascade, which I triggered, stops before it's done cascading. If the cascade was allowed to finish I would have won the level but it stops in mid cascade.

• Pyrolight
    Pyrolight Posts: 771 Level 3
    edited December 2023
    Options

Interesting sounds like they chopped the time too much and the "end level cascade" is for some reason being applied to long, I assume, cascades that happen on the last turn and there is an error is the "turn 0" logic.

Basically the game thinks the game is over but the cascade is not done and gets stopped due to the new code. Then the game does a final check and sees that there is still a candy or whatnot as confirms the level lost even though it should not have been.

• KimmyA1
    Options

I've perhaps used the wrong terminology and Kerrie has described it better.

In my example I used my last move. Candy movement stopped and I purchased extra moves. When the game resumed I didn't make a single move more but the candy movement restarted and won the level.

If the candy movement hadn't have been cut off early, I would have won the level without needing to purchase extra moves.

I have no problem with the game being harder at my level (12000+), but basically rigging it in such a way is wrong of King.

• Alienscar
    Options

@KimmyA1 are you referring to the issue of matched candy not being removed from the board after you can no longer make a move yourself?

If you are that issue has been reported and King is supposedly working on it.

https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/discussion/363074/%EF%BB%BF-%EF%BB%BFcandies-not-getting-crushed-when-matched-at-the-end-of-level/p1

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 5,949 Level 5
    Options

I do understand what you mean, and it did happen to me too, but it is quite rare. I agree with @Pyrolight that this must be related to the way King have manipulated the end of game cascades. As @Alienscar pointed out they are now being cut short when you pass the level. There is a point at the move 0 cascade at which the fail algorithm and pass algorithm diverge. Your experience @KimmyA1 must be a flaw in this. It should never happen that if you pay for five extra moves you do not require a single one of those moves. That is wrong. But on the other hand King might argue that the last dragon dropping in the cascade was a fluke you could not have foreseen at the point of making that last move. The candies that helped the dragon drop were not visible on your board at the time. However I would argue against that. Experienced players have a feel of how likely a certain move is to create a good board clearing cascade and when I got cheated like this myself I certainly played my final move in the deliberate hope and expectation that it would create this. Glitches like this are rare, and players affected move on and forget about them, and most players never notice these occurrances, of course. So this is an issue King are unlikely to bother to deal with.

• KimmyA1
    Options

That does look like the issue I have been suspicious of and have now confirmed- however given this was reported 22 months ago, I doubt it is a bug and is instead part of the game now.

• Alienscar
    Options

I totally agree with you @KimmyA1 I too don't believe it is a bug and I have said many times previously that I believe the purpose of leaving a player just one move away from completing a board and making that move visually obvious is plainly engineered to encourage players to buy moves.

It can't be a coincidence that the Play On for ten gold screen, that covers most of the board, never covers the one move need to complete the level.

• KimmyA1
    edited February 12
    Options

Another example happened recently.

With my final move the portal was clear for the last dragon to drop and win the level.

Due to the game being stopped too early, the dragon froze mid drop then a demand for 10 gold appeared.

Had I paid for extra moves, I again wouldn't have needed to use a single one as the board would have resumed movement and won the level.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?