What is going on with level 3916? And a piggy bank question!

Options
Hugomarink
Hugomarink Posts: 8 Level 2
I've been trying to get through level 3916 for two weeks now. Yes, two weeks! I know it's a "super hard" level but this is ridiculous. I'm beginning to think this level is impossible to complete. At least it is for me, and it's not fun to be stuck in the game for so long. Also, when is the cost of my piggy bank going back to 60 gold bars for $2.99? I'm not paying when the price doubles (it's now 30 bars for $2.99). Have I been stonewalled at level 3916 because I've stopped purchasing?

Answers

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,731 Sweet Legend
    Options
    Hi @Hugomarink, no absolutely you are not being stonewalled because of any level.  Players are clearing these higher levels with boosters.  Are you able to play any of the challenges to collect these boosters? 

The piggy bank was changed for many players a while ago from 60 gold bars down to 30 gold bars.  The studio was running a test by randomly choosing players and offering this lower amount making it easier to purchase them faster than waiting to build up to 60.  They monitor the games to see what's going on so they are aware of how many purchase.  I don't think the test is still going on but they might have come to the decision to keep it at 30.  I am not privy to that information.
  • Hugomarink
    Hugomarink Posts: 8 Level 2
    Options
    Thank you for the response. Sure, I get the free daily boosters but it hasn't been enough to clear the level. I've played this game long enough to know how it (usually) works. You run into levels that seem impossible and you struggle with that level for a few days, or maybe even a week, and then one day you just get through it. It's almost like if you make enough futile attempts you are eventually let through because in those situations (when you finally get through) the level plays a lot friendlier than it ever has before, almost as if the level has been deliberately nerfed. But I've been stuck on this level for (as I said), TWO WEEKS NOW(!), and that hasn't happened. At first I was up for the challenge and was determined to get through it without paying for boosters, but now I'm losing interest because it genuinely feels like an impossible task. If you're able to pass on complaints to the masochistic game designers there at King, please let them know this level is not cool, not fun, and it's about to lose the company a customer. 

OK, yes, I guess I'm no longer a paying customer so maybe King doesn't care if I stick around or not. But that is also the fault of King. I steadily spent money on this game for the past 2-3 years (maybe longer?). In fact, I spent so much that I knew it was a problem for me (I'm not rich) but my addiction to the game was too great and got the better of me. But doubling the cost of the piggy bank finally gave me the reason to stop wasting my money. No way. Ain't doing it. If the piggy bank test has concluded and King has decided it is advantageous for them to double the cost of boosters in this game, then that is a real shame. I figured the piggy bank cost was a test that would end at some point and am disappointed to hear that 30 gold bars for $2.99 is permanent. I was really hoping that every other player would do as I did and stop paying, but clearly that is not the case. I feel great shame for the all the players out there who continued paying for the piggy bank even when the price doubled. Those people need to check their addiction to the game. It's not worth it! Put your foot down and stop paying!!!  But on the other hand I am glad I will no longer be tempted to pay for this game so I guess it's a good thing King has permanently doubled the cost of the piggy bank. So thank you for that!

Anyway, have a good day!
  • _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,731 Sweet Legend
    Options
    I don't know 100% for sure that the piggy bank test is over.  I wasn't given official word on it so it was just my assumption and if the players continue to purchase it with the 30 gold bars, no I doubt that it will go back.  I can tell you that not too long ago a player wrote in the community that he got it backto 60 bars by deleting the app from his mobile device.  But once you delete an app from your mobile device then all lives and boosters are gone because they are only saved to that device.  So I guess the choice is then left up to the player - 60 gold bars vs losing everything.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?