All Stars - 2nd knockout phase

Options
Ontwerp_Ster
Ontwerp_Ster Posts: 5 Level 2

I did finish 2nd in the first Knockout round, so I am eligible for the next stage; however, all I see is "-" the whole weekend. I thought it was just a glitch, and the next stage had not started, but from what I read, it did?!

I sent out a support ticket, but is anyone having this issue also? Any advice? Because this means I lost my chance and need to finish first in the second chance 😢

Comments

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,145 Legend
    Options

Hello @Ontwerp_Ster there have been several posts about issues with the All Stars. One of them was similar to yours and their Event displayed '-'.

Strangely no one ever comments after their first post to say if the All Stars started working again, or not.

Please try playing and winning a new level. Once you have completed the level then return to your Events screen to check if the All Stars has reappeared. If it hasn't then please play and win another new level. Every time you complete a level return to your Events screen to check if the All Stars has reappeared.

• Ontwerp_Ster
    Options

@Alienscar I tried many many times to Close the app and win a new level, go back, and click the banner, but nothing.

I also play online via Facebook, so I deleted the app on my mobile, won a level via my computer, downloaded the app again, log in, but nothing.

I'm unsure if it makes any difference to try even more, given the days for this round are almost over… I hope the support can see the levels I won (I did play a lot and progress tons) and see if I would be eligible for the next round, as I suspect I would have been. If not, it would be a big downer for sure.

• Alienscar
    Options

Facebook is nothing but an accident waiting to happen when it comes to Candy Crush @Ontwerp_Ster. For a start you constantly have to refresh Facebooks app permission. On top of that the number of issues encountered by Candy Crush Facebook users is generally more than the average user. You would be much better off downloading the game app from the app Store of whatever device you are using and ditching Facebook to play with a King account.

Unfortunately by deleting the app you have deleted your progress in the All Stars, so you won't be able to retrieve it. Never ever uninstall the app.

I also play online via Facebook, so I deleted the app on my mobile, won a level via my computer, downloaded the app again, log in, but nothing.

I am not sure what the ramifications of this would be. As Candy Crush syncs across devices if you delete your game data from one device I am not sure how this would affect your other devices.

All I can suggest is make sure you have the game downloaded on every device you use and that your game progress is the same across devices. Keep playing and hopefully you will see the Second Chance 2 Round 1 pop up in your game when it starts on the 17th April

• Ontwerp_Ster
    Options

I play primarily on my mobile, but as I often use my laptop, I play there occasionally. I did notice that the All Stars competition is not showing/available for Facebook players, so I have been playing more on my mobile.

I do believe the All Stars progress is saved on my account, but I only deleted the app 1 time on Saturday to check if this would resolve the issue. Passed a bunch of levels since then, maybe even enough for a pass to the next stage.

I hope the second change will show up, but still, instead of top 5 I need to be the first place… 😢 Like such a downer on such a great event to join to be honest.

• nagibila
    nagibila Posts: 40 Level 2
    Options
  • WafflesMom
    WafflesMom Posts: 10 Level 2
    Options

I also qualified and 2nd knockouts is not opening for me. I have read this post and several more and tried all the suggested things so to answer a question posted above, this is me coming back saying nothing is working.

• Alienscar
    edited April 16
    Options

Thanks for letting us know @WafflesMom. Do you play on Facebook?

I have come to the conclusion that the '-' problem can't be solved by the methods used to resolve the missing Features issue and to be honest the '-' looks like a connection error.

As I have said to other people all I can think of is that if you keep playing then your All Stars will reappear when the Second Chance 2 Round 1 starts on the 17th

DO NOT uninstall your app.

DO NOT change the clock on your device.

• WafflesMom
    WafflesMom Posts: 10 Level 2
    Options

I play on my iPhone and only ever on my iPhone. Connection issue makes no sense as everything else is working. It's a shame, it's probably happening to hundreds of players based on the amount of posts I've tripped across. Not much else to do but keep playing.

• Alienscar
    Options

Oh yes @WafflesMom I don't mean an Internet connection issue, I mean a connection to King's servers.

• Ontwerp_Ster
    edited April 20
    Options

To update… I never heard back from customer service upon my "-" issue, 2nd chance did pop up, and I reached first place, only to discover I missed it was not only a 1st place requirement, but a 2nd race win was needed… on a day I could not play much.

So yeah, super super disappointed. I spent money (like 10 euros) to reach 1st place, something I never do!! Only to find out there was more needed… I feel robbed of my money and of the enthusiasm I played the game :/

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?