All Stars Event

Options
kaileygrooms
kaileygrooms Posts: 2 Newbie

I have a couple of questions about the all stars tournament like in the last three final knockout rounds until the live tournament. So if you don't get first place and your just completely out of the competition, because not everyone can get first place. And some people on the leaderboard had to at least get first place more than once. And there is ten people in the live finals in California, so even if you don't get first place and get kicked out of the competition. Does all the star points from the previous rounds get added all together to see who gets to be the second, third place and so on and so forth? So there are 10 finalists at the Live tournament?

Comments

• kaileygrooms
    kaileygrooms Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

Sorry for the long lengthy questions.

• Phillygrl
    Phillygrl Posts: 67 Level 3
    Options

Those are good questions. Too bad no one wants to answer!

• cookiemae
    cookiemae Posts: 624 Level 3
    Options

@kaileygrooms No they do not add your points from previous rounds. The only round that counts is the current one you are playing in.

• imajazzlvr
    imajazzlvr Posts: 5 Level 2
    Options

I’m, too, want to know h ow those 10 finalists are chosen. In the fine print, it says that there are more than one group playing on the same level which means you may be the first on this last stage, but there may be 100 other groups where there is a person who placed first also. So then, do they pick The person that has the highest score on that level. Or, if you meet all of the criteria and win each stage then do they select the top score from all of the people who have won in order to get the top 10? I don’t want to keep putting all this energy into this game if I’m not assured, a place in the top 10 if I win each of the stages

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,031 Legend
    Options

Hello @imajazzlvr no one here can answer your question with any accuracy as we are all just Candy Crush players like you are.

Knowing that there are only ten finalists means that all we can presume is that King whittle the player numbers down to ten final leaderboards for the third and final knockout round. If this is true then coming first in your very final leaderboard should be enough to get you through to the live final.

I am not personally convinced this is how it actually works in practice. If you do finish in first place on your leaderboard and don't get chosen for the final please let us know as this is very important information for the next year.

• Alienscar
    Options

So if you don't get first place and your just completely out of the competition, because not everyone can get first place.

That is right @kaileygrooms you have to finish first in each of the Final Knockout rounds to progress to the live final. If you finish lower than first in any of the knockout rounds you are out. That is the essence of a true knockout round and the only way to reduce the player numbers.

And some people on the leaderboard had to at least get first place more than once. 

As you will have already noticed after making it to the Final Knockouts your progress in previous rounds does not impact your position and position in your current round.

And there is ten people in the live finals in California, so even if you don't get first place and get kicked out of the competition. Does all the star points from the previous rounds get added all together to see who gets to be the second, third place and so on and so forth? So there are 10 finalists at the Live tournament?

No, first, second, third and so on until tenth is decided during the live finals. Anyone not finishing in the first place position of the final leaderboard isn't considered to be in second place as the leaderboards are just a means of reducing the total number of players down to the last ten.

• punkychicken
    punkychicken Posts: 6 Level 2
    Options

I passed as the first one in my group, all rounds. Now the icon, hub is gone. I can’t reach it, the customer service doesn’t help, seems they’re not interested.
    I play CC for a long time, I’m in level 8507.
    very disappointed with this event. It suchs

• Alienscar
    Options

Hello @punkychicken is it just the Hub that is missing, or are you also missing your Episode Race and Weekly Contest?

• Bigben01
    Bigben01 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

I suspect some foul play, how could someone rise from zero to a million+ in just two hours?? Could there be a way to detect cheating in this tournament??

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,076 Level 5
    Options

Hello and welcome to the community @Bigben01 As the tournament is now over please could you check out the posts over in the All Stars section of this community. You will find it at the top of this page, the big All Stars icon. There are plenty of posts on the subject there!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?