All stars

Options
danimal138
danimal138 Posts: 5 Level 2

If I'm on level 4736 trying to advance isn't it easier for someone who's say at level 1896. The leader in my group is way behind everyone else level wise making it way easier for that person to advance faster than people higher up. May want to fix this!! There are people in my group on levels in the 14,000's losing to someone on level 1896. Not a fair playing field

Comments

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,720 Legend
    edited April 24
    Options

It can't be a fair playing field @danimal138 when some people use money to buy boosters packages and some people can't afford to do that. Also some people have adverts that provide free moves, free boosters, or free lives and some people don't.

Additionally it doesn't matter where you are on the map as from level 200 to level 16,000 there are levels that are equally difficult.

To show you what I mean have a look at the discussion linked below in which a person on a lower level is losing to a player on level 15,000.

• danimal138
    Options

I would never spend money. I play the game because it's a puzzle. It's challenging. Ever changing. A faithful friend if you will. There should be strict rules where actual skill is the deciding factor. Not your bank roll and whether or not you have a life or have time to watch ads.

• Alienscar
    edited April 24
    Options

Well that is the problem with popular games @danimal138 there will always be people that like playing in a different style to you. When you say there should be strict rules what you are actually saying is that everyone should play your way, and that isn't right.

If you don't like to or can't play with money you should be liking the challenge of beating players that do with your skill at the game. I have seen posts from other people that don't use money and they are on top of their leaderboard.

Ultimately an Event like the All Stars isn't about skill, or money it is about time. If you haven't got the time, or stamina to play for 15-20 hours a day without stopping for long then money or 'skill' won't help.

• danimal138
    Options

No not everyone should play like me. Not what I'm getting at. How do they work it in the live finale? Can you buy gold or boosters with your credit card or can you watch ads to get lives, boosters, gold, etc,etc?

• Alienscar
    Options

If last year's final is anything to go by @danimal138 then every player plays the same custom made level and they are all provided a limited number of boosters

You can't watch adverts or use money because there is no need to. In the final you only play one level to see who can collect the most purple candy in a set time.

• danimal138
    Options

Gotcha! Well I was never here to argue. If I had unlimited money I could have easily won this round. I do believe unfair advantages are there but then again if you put on a contest to pay a player or in this case players monies then it stands to reason that this is your opportunity to get that capital in the bank from all the smucks shelling out money for all them color bombs trying to win this thing. Brilliant business move to be honest.

• IsabellaDaballa
    IsabellaDaballa Posts: 21 Level 2
    Options

you seem to know what you’re talking about, I have a few questions if you don’t mind . You said there’s no need for money in the finals. So if you run out of moves in a game are you out of the competition? Sometimes I will lose a round several times to get the extra moves i need to pass a hard level. Would this be impossible in the finals?

• Alienscar
    edited April 24
    Options

Hello @IsabellaDaballa for the most part I am only guessing. King don't release much information about the final and the finalists all have to sign NDAs

From watching the few videos that are available of the 2023 final and reading interviews with the winners it seems to me the final is played on a level specifically designed for the final. It is a level that never ends and the aim of the players in final is to collect as many purple candy as they can in a set time.

Simply put yes, it will be impossible for you to obtain extra moves in the final as you won't need them.

If you get into the final and you are allowed to please come back here and let me know how right or wrong I am.

• Alienscar
    edited April 24
    Options

Brilliant business move to be honest.

Yes it is @danimal138

Gotcha! Well I was never here to argue.

Sorry, I hope I haven't offended you in anyway. I get that my writing can be a bit blunt.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?