πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈπŸ™‹ Help a Newbie & earn up to 200 Gold Bars a month!

Options

Comments

• Diamond_Lim
    Diamond_Lim Posts: 152,982 Diamond Diaries Moderator
    Options

You are welcome! Enjoy your happy claiming gold bars on your game and also very exclusive CCS badge on your view profile now! πŸ˜„

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,409 Legend
    Options

Thanks again @QueenB I have received my gold bars. Looks like I am going to need them on the upcoming Episode.

• rebelchild
    rebelchild Posts: 16,092 Level 5
    Options

Hi @mrallen2u it so very nice to see you helping other members. If you read page 1 of this thread you will find how you can earn gold bars just for assisting new members in the community. @QueenB

• mrallen2u
    mrallen2u Posts: 29 Level 2
    Options

THANK YOU for the response. I shall do just that.Have a great day!!!!

• ryanthegreat808
    ryanthegreat808 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options

I would like to help out. How can I?

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,338 Level 5
    Options

@QueenB As you were asking to keep the feedback and suggestions coming in, I would like to suggest that what the Candy Crush Saga community needs in order to make newbies feel welcome and stay around is a revamp. Why are there so many different forums, as clearly these overlap in practice? It makes the community too difficult to navigate and people get lost. I actually think that many newbies never come back despite our helpful or kind replying posts simply because they have lost where their own posts even are and cannot find them or our replies. There is nothing helpful about any of my posts if the person I am answering never sees my "helpful" answer! And I believe this must happen all the time unless it was a new question in Support, in which case they get an email to alert them of a reply. Anything else, the next time they come back to this community their posts are nowhere to be found, especially if they posted it buried in the first thread they could find such as the latest posts here:

So there are newbies who have issues with their games and need help, either technical or relating to strategy. Strategy posts are what I am most interested in, but I wish there was an updated thread. The "level help and tips" section is buried away from anyone's view and is also hugely out of date.

Then there is the other group of newbies, who are just here to make friends and chat and they have even a harder time because where do their posts end up? I've just looked at the "welcome to the community" thread: They get tidied up in that one and even if one of us replies, the newbies will never find their own posts where they've been tidied up to. Even I struggle to find the off topic threads right now as that forum has been shoved off the front page. Why? It is exactly the kind of place that most newbies might want to take a look at. In fact there is a vibrant thread in Off Topic in which the kindest and most helpful players are discussing events and much more, (and which has managed to stay on the front page despite all the pointless counting games). This one:

We should have more general discussion threads like this one to welcome newbies. In places where they actually come to when they first arrive, not hidden away.

• rebelchild
    Options

Hi @ryanthegreat808 welcome to the community. If you go to page 1 of this thread you will find several examples of ways you can help. Just making new members feel welcome is a good example.

I recommend that you spend some time reading through the different threads. They can help you to learn about the community. There are many contests and competitions throughout the community. You have to opportunity to earn gold bars. If you are interested in collecting badges and points to move up levels in the community, I can help you

• rebelchild
    Options

I agree @christinewupp . One thing I find is that new members come to the community, say hi in a thread, and no one responds to them. The community seems like a very cold place. Most people have no clue what they are supposed to do. They never come back.

The PM was a great way to reach out to new members and create a personal connection. The PM also eliminated the " off topic" warnings many of us received by reaching out to newbies in the threads.

I don't think there is a perfect solution, but making the community aware that there is a great need to make newbies feel welcome is a good start

• betchiegrl29
    betchiegrl29 Posts: 9,423 Level 5
    Options

Hello @Helen_Lois welcome to our lovely community. You’ve come on the right track. A lot of fine and helpful players would love to help you.
    Well we are on same situation. I am on level 16000 with only 1gold bar left.. truly all levels are frustratingly difficult.. You may try participating in games and quizzes given here, and might be lucky to win gold bars. This community gives a lot of surprises and games and generous in giving gold.

never ever buy gold from the market, you will lose the opportunity to watch ads that gives extra moves.
    Have a good day πŸ€—

• QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 13,801 Community Manager
    Options

Hello christinewupp, and thanks to everyone who has contributed to this important discussion πŸ™

I truly appreciate your feedback and suggestions for making our community more welcoming and easier to navigate. Your insights are crucial as we strive to create an environment where everyone feels supported and can easily find the information they need.

1. Forum Structure and Navigation: We’re taking your points into consideration and will look into reorganizing our forums to ensure that essential threads like "level help and tips" are more visible and updated. We want to ensure that useful discussions do not get buried and remain accessible to everyone.
    2. Visibility of Newbie Posts: It's concerning to hear that new members feel overlooked. Enhancing the visibility of introductory threads and ensuring timely responses to newcomers' posts will be a priority. This will help foster a warmer, more welcoming first impression.
    3. Off-topic Threads: We recognize the value of these discussions in creating a friendly and engaging community. Your suggestion to keep such threads accessible and perhaps even featured more prominently could certainly help in retaining the interest of both new and existing members.
    4. Community Engagement: Encouraging all community members to participate actively in welcoming newbies is something we should promote more vigorously. Perhaps we can continue to use our ongoing "Helping Our Newbie" initiative as an incentive for those who regularly engage with and support new players.

Additionally, we, the Community Managers, will review all the feedback received and explore various ways to improve the community based on your suggestions.

Thank you once again for your constructive comments and your continued support πŸ˜‰

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?