No more daily limits for lives from friends!

CandyLV
CandyLV Posts: 162 Level 3

Today I noticed that there were no more lives counter for how many lives you have accepted from your friends, not sure if it is a bug or King finally gives us a break?

Comments

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 15,977 Legend

When I have seen this in my game @CandyLV it is due to the long-running 'missing features' issue. If you check the Friends tab of your Features you should find that you can send lives repeatedly without having to close and reopen your game as well.

Play any level and you should find that the twenty life limit reappears.

• MannyFae
    MannyFae Posts: 513 Level 4

At first, I thought it was a bug, but after playing the entire episode, I still have no counter or saved lives limit. What's going on?

• Carol-38
    Carol-38 Posts: 11,569 Level 5
    edited July 23

I answered a post yesterday regarding this, replying that one of my devices had the 20/20 removed but not others. This morning it has gone from all of them, I played many old levels just to see if it came back and it hasn't. Have seen a lot of posts saying others have also had it removed. I also wonder what is going on 🤔

I tried resending lives without closing @Alienscar but that didn't work for me.

• myrza
    myrza Posts: 367 Level 4

I also have this in my game.I try to play a level, nothing changed. I tried to play and quit a level 30 times to use up my lives it is still the same so I could use 30 lives today

• CandyLV

I have been playing Star Tournament today, the limit did not reappear, also the limit is gone for all of my devices.

• CandyLV

Just curious, did you get most of your lives from Christine? Cuz I get majority of my lives from Mary, whom I am pretty sure is a bot, Mary has sent out close to 400,000 lives over the last 7days!

• MannyFae
    MannyFae Posts: 513 Level 4

You are lucky to have such a friend @CandyLV

No, Christine is not a bot. @christinewupp is a community member who is generous in sending lives to friends. Thanks, Christine (both of you 🙂)

• Alienscar
    edited July 23

Hi @MannyFae not sure a bug is how I would describe it, but something is going on that is for sure.

When I opened my game some of my features were missing and I had the inbox that had no life usage restriction

I played one level and the restriction is back

What is interesting is that unlike previous times this has happened my saved lives has been allowed to increase

@CandyLV I doubt playing the Star Tournament counts as playing a new level as there have been plenty of complaints from people taking part in leader board competitions that say they are essentially excluded because all they can play is the Star Tournament levels. Try playing an old level to see what happens to your inbox.

• Alienscar

I tried resending lives without closing

It worked for me @Carol-38 which might just indicate that there are a few versions of this inbox being tested.

I always found it interesting that sometimes (not always) the missing features issue would restore the old version of the Inbox (no limit, send as many lives as you like). For me that was an indication that the feature was still active in the game. If you remember when the changes to the Inbox started plenty of people said there Inbox hadn't changed and I think the fact that it would occasionally reappear in my game probably meant that some people had it all the time as is the nature of King's feature testing.

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 8,197 Legend

I have it too, and shock, horror, my events tab has changed its look.

I wonder if indeed this change is deliberate. There have been a few changes this week. I always thought that it was a strange idea to limit the time players could play to feed their addiction, as those surely are the players most likely to spend money eventually to pass a level. And King are surely well aware that most of us know how to refresh our lives anyway, should we be so mad as to keep wanting to replay the same impossible level forever and ever.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?