This is too obvious

MannyFae
MannyFae Posts: 535 Level 4

Today, while attempting level 9894, I came across something funny. Twice in a row, I got the exact same starting board, and the first five moves led me to exactly the same position.

Although the first two screenshots below appear identical to the ones above, they are a different set of screenshots with different timestamps.

Well, I know the game is rigged, but come on King, you need to make it less obvious 🤦🤣

Comments

• SneakyMelonFlameDuck
    SneakyMelonFlameDuck Posts: 32 Level 2

Ya, there are only x number of starting patterns for any level. Some have more or less than others.

The starter levels really give it away. Level 9 for example has 3 specific moves that will almost always end up with the exact same win pattern. There can be slight variation of another pattern that takes another turn but you can replicate the win pattern over and over.

• MannyFae

I knew you wouldn't be surprised, Pyrolight 🙂

This one seems to have too few starting boards/patterns. Apart from those attempts above, I had a strong sense of deja vu on two more attempts, but I could not verify because I had already deleted earlier screenshots. Despite the scripted beginning, the level is still interesting.

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 8,334 Legend

Very interesting @MannyFae and yes, your words are exactly what I've been saying for the past year. It has become far too obvious how pre determined these game boards are. As I have stated before, up until about two years ago I was still not quite certain if the candy drop was random or not. It's not that I was stupid then and that I have since become enlightened, (well maybe a bit of that, too….) it's because since 2023 the algorithms have become simpler and simpler and more and more obviously fixed.

In fact I have noted that the end of level algorithms, which appear to be separate from the beginning of level algorithms, have also become more obvious on some levels. Have you noticed this perhaps as well where you are playing? I certainly have found that in some of the most familiar early levels players are now left one move or one order short on boards that never used to have this outcome.

• MannyFae

In fact I have noted that the end of level algorithms, which appear to be separate from the beginning of level algorithms, have also become more obvious on some levels. Have you noticed this perhaps as well where you are playing?

It's difficult for me to pinpoint the end of level algorithms, even though I often play levels that interest me without boosters. I mostly play levels above 9,000, and often don't even make it to the 'end of level' phase. Also, I don't replay the same level every now and then to see how the algorithm has changed, so I can't compare. However, that 'one jelly short' thing happens often now, and I can easily believe it's due to the algorithms.

Would you believe it, I got the same starting board and pattern for the THIRD time on level 9894. Now, that's ridiculous. It might be possible to get the winning starting board (from the support thread, I have the video) again and repeat the same moves to see where the different algorithm sets in. I can't win the level again by making exactly the same moves. Or can I? 😆

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?