Music Tournament: How it works explained

christinewupp
christinewupp Posts: 8,549 Legend
edited September 26 in Discussions

Hello. I have found that some people are confused by the long winded explanations by King about the rules and set-up of the Music Tournament. This is my thread to explain to everyone how the event works. Anyone is welcome to use this information in my absence during the later rounds to answer questions!

Comments

• christinewupp
    edited September 26

To win one of the grand first prizes you have to play and pass through another five rounds. (as of 27th September 2024)

Each stage gets harder than the previous stage to pass.

There will be 10 winners of the grand prize.

These are the five rounds:

• 1st Knockout (27th September)
    • 2nd Knockout (4th October)
    • " Finals" 1st Round (8th October)
    • "Finals" 2nd Round (10th October)
    • Finals Round 3 (12th October)

In each round the score of all players starts again at zero!

• christinewupp
    edited September 26

Each round there are many separate leaderboards playing at the same time. King do not want to disclose how many nor how many players are still in the competition. But we can calculate this ourselves by what QueenB has told us in the FAQs.

My rough calculations are:

1st Knockout Round (September 27th) : 10 million players ( 1 million leaderboards of 10 players each )

2nd Knockout Round (4th October) : 5 million players ( 250,000 leaderboards with 20 players each)

Finals Round 1 (8th October): 720,000 players (24,000 leaderboards with 30 players each)

Finals Round 2 (10th October): 24,000 players (600 leaderboards with 40 players each)

Final Round 3 (The True Final, October 12th): 600 players (10 leaderboards with with 60 players each)

So please be realistic about your chances of winning before spending lots of money in this competition!

Each round will get harder to win as the players left whom you will have to beat will get better with each round.

As a guide: To win one of the 10 grand prizes you will have to be the kind of player good enough to reach the 250 gold prize at the top of the Top That competition, so if you have never managed that you are unlikely to stand a change in this leaderboard competition. I reckon to win you will have to be able to play at least 30-45 new levels per hour.

(Please can anyone check my numbers and let me know if they are wrong before it's too late to edit them! )

• onisanCrush
    onisanCrush Posts: 2 Newbie

This is the info I've been looking for. I need something to gauge off of to keep my practice up. I'm a slow player but Its not hard to pass a level. I like knowing if I can stand with the elites

• MannyFae
    MannyFae Posts: 554 Level 4

@christinewupp

Based on my calculations, there are 960,000 leaderboards for the first knockouts and 240,000 for the second knockouts. The total numbers of players are correct, with a rounding off, but the numbers of leaderboards do not match them.

• christinewupp
    edited September 26

Thanks! I've changed the figures, not even sure how I had arrived at such nonsense. I've rounded numbers up as according to King the numbers in the final rounds are an estimate and there will be players dropping out or disqualified for cheating between the rounds of course.

• Peter_Tornaros
    Peter_Tornaros Posts: 2,105 Level 5

Well explained @christinewupp. Another money grabbing exercise. I wouldn't have bothered with it, even if I had got the contest.

• MarirKlepp
    MarirKlepp Posts: 314 Level 3

Implayingatccsalsoreachedlevel1000needmybadge

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?