⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Weekly Race Rewards

nascarguy
nascarguy Posts: 1 Newbie
I received rewards multiple times during the second week in March for achieving first place - 5items each time and the following week in March got 3 prizes multiple times per week for second place.  For the last two weeks I was at the top on Sunday when to clock restarts but got absolutely nothing.  What is the problem?

Answers

• Crimson_Dawn
    Crimson_Dawn Posts: 2,741 Level 5
    Welcome to the community, @nascarguy! I received prizes for getting 1st place last week. Other people have reported that they no longer receive prizes for that any more. I've heard that King is testing different events on different people.
  • heehawrules
    heehawrules Posts: 60 Level 3
    @nascarguy

Start getting used to it. King is changing the game to a pay to play model and they are tweaking features to see what the "breaking point" is for players getting fed up with the specific change.

If you are not at a place where you are wanting to buy bars and boosters to pass levels, I would suggest you stop now because that is where it is going

• Crimson_Dawn
    Is your only purpose of being here to convince people to delete Candy Crush, @heehawrules? If so, I'm sure King won't tolerate you using their own community to do so.
  • heehawrules
    Haha, nope.

I do think that it is fair as a long time player to help people understand that the game is moving towards pay to play. It is the model of all the "free" online games, regardless of platform. The people who advance/gain strength/resources are the ones who are willing to spend money to do so.

Now that King is owned by Activision and they paid such a large sum of money, they need to make it back. So they will experiment just enough with game parameters to see what will cause people to either stop playing/paying or continue on anyway. Players like you and mercerik have already shown you will complain a little, but that it won't stop you from playing. You are what King is banking on. They make changes, most likely drive away some long time players (collateral damage), but the core is so addicted that they will keep playing regardless. Newer players won't know the difference, and King will do what they can to lure those people in and get them hooked.

I am simply taking every opportunity I can to let newer players know the reality that the game is going towards a pay to play model. If they are not willing to do that, they should probably find a different game. If you are willing to pay, then have at it. 

I was a paying customer for years, but finally decided to stop paying them anymore money as they clearly have moved on from long time players.
  • Crimson_Dawn
    @heehawrules
    Everyone has his own opinion. Every company has to make money or it will die. I still haven't paid for anything and I'm almost to level 4000. You can certainly warn people, but don't insult me and @mercerik anymore please.😊
  • heehawrules
    I agree every company has to make money, and as a self employed successful business owner, I have no qualms about a company doing that. 

That said, as a former paying customer who has concluded that the way King is doing things is bad business, I feel it is fair that other potential customers be told the reality.

And I don't see how I insulted you both. You have both shared your frustration with the change, but then pretty quickly decided publicly that you would continue to play. Heck, you even were proudly stating on a thread where people were frustrated and angry at a dramatic change to the playing style for them that you advanced 120 levels, the change wasn't going to stop you. Mercerik was even trying to equate sticking with the game with some sort of cosmic-inspirational life lesson, and was lecturing people about their game attitudes LOL. Almost like you were employees doing damage control. I now know that you are not employees, but you are exactly what King was hoping to find, people who are so integrated into the game that they will choose to play, regardless of any changes that are made. They knew they would lose some long term folks, but they were banking on players like you sticking around.

And so you know, King is not making their money off of 3.99$ piggy banks. They are making money off of advertising. As long as people log in, regardless of what they play, King can show the investors that millions of people are active, daily players. So when I made the comment a few weeks ago that you and merc were contributing to the change, that is why

So, I don't see how I was insulting you, but I won't mention you guys again if that will be a good solution.
  • mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    edited April 2019
    nascarguy said:
    I received rewards multiple times during the second week in March for achieving first place - 5items each time and the following week in March got 3 prizes multiple times per week for second place.  For the last two weeks I was at the top on Sunday when to clock restarts but got absolutely nothing.  What is the problem?
    @nascarguy

Hi there! Welcome to the King Community!

Thanks for sharing your experience with Weekly Race - Gold!

To answer your question, there has never been a problem with awarding
    the Weekly Race Prize. When this competition started, the board has been
    Reset to Zero every late Sunday afternoon and awards the Prize on the
    same day after it resets. Currently, it still reset to zero on the same late
    Sunday Afternoon but awards the Prize in the middle of the week. I think
    that started way back in March. I have been winning this race, usually
    First Place each week, except the first week of April. When the board
    reset on Sunday, April 7, my prize was awarded on April 10. If you were
    one of the 3 Winners last week, expect to get your Boosters
    Prize on Wednesday. I posted my ScreenShot of my Booster Prize
    to prove to you that the Prize for this event has always been delivered.

Hope this answers your question!
    Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with! Thanks!

• mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    @heehawrules
    Everyone has his own opinion. Every company has to make money or it will die. I still haven't paid for anything and I'm almost to level 4000. You can certainly warn people, but don't insult me and @mercerik anymore please.😊
    @Crimson_Dawn

I don't know what @heehawrules problem is. We both never spent anything on this game
    and yet we are thriving. I am on Level 4060. A lot of times I play with no Boosters.
    King never forced anyone to pay in order to play. I can't understand the bitterness. I guess 
    he got used to winning by paying for Boosters. Now that the levels are harder, he cannot move
    forward without them so he is taking it out on King and whoever is giving King a credit for his
    generosity on freebies. That is really sad! 
  • heehawrules
    You guys don't understand the business model or concept of where King/Activision is moving the game. 

They don't care about players that don't pay money. You will play anyway, everyday, regardless of the changes. They don't need to devote any time or thought to players like you. You are the perfect consumer. They can change anything they want and you will keep playing. By logging in, even if you never advance one level and only collect sugar drops, the owners can show advertisers that people are still playing, and the money will roll in. they could take away every booster and you would still play, because it is a part of your life now.

And yes, I did pay for gold bars to pass levels I was particularly stuck on and was tired of. It was either that or stop playing and at the time, I did not like or see that as an option. 

Since this change, I been playing a lot less, and it is wonderful. I would suggest you guys take a break for a couple weeks, try a different game or something. King certainly won't miss you, or me, or anyone else for that matter.
  • Sukanta_Biswas
    Sukanta_Biswas Posts: 24,932 Candy Moderator
    edited April 2019
    hello @heehawrules
    welcome to the king community  B)
    I am request you for see community house rules here  
    Currently the King has released a large number of new events, and has shared it through a few groups. Not all events are for everyone. Before any change is implemented a randomly chosen group of players is selected to trial the feature, and based upon how the change is viewed king then decide whether the change is one they want to adopt or not. This feature has been rolled out to different players for a certain amount of time but not everyone will receive this.
    If you not received rewards that mean you are now not under the testing group.  
    however, you can check some troubleshooting.
    check your app update

Update device software
    If there is a software glitch, you can get rid of it by installing the latest software version. 
    A new version will improve the overall performance of your device and its security and it will also bring bug fixes. If you didn’t enable automatic updates on your device, 
    you can see if there is an update manually:

Go to Settings
    Scroll down and tap About device (About phone, About tablet)
    Tap Software Update or System update.
    thank you

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?