Sugar drops?

Options

Comments

• Billy_Barty
    Billy_Barty Posts: 12 Level 2
    Options
    Good morning. Happy Easter!
    I've only ever played on the Facebook app; I don't have any games on my phone (too tempting!!) and I play on laptops and occasionally a tablet. However, I'm not sure how to "refresh the app". Hit the refresh arrow on my screen? Dozens of times, because that\s the only way to get any boosters at all. Log out and log back in? Yeah, many times. Reboot the computer? Yeah, both this one and the work computer, which did a full scheduled systems update. 

There have ALWAYS been issues with the gameplay for me: I've reported several times that I consistently win the Dexter challenge but don't always get the prizes. The sugar drop 180 booster machine glitches out at least once a week by stalling and not giving the prizes or by resetting to a lower total. My daily Treat Calendar always starts at the first treat and will only give the second one if I'm playing at 10pm. Never any other time. Even if I leave the game open, it never progresses to the third treat. The scrolls for hard levels never carry over to the next time I log in but only accumulate while I play, meaning that I have to leave the game running in the background indefinitely.
    However, the Daily Win sticker still works properly, adding a sticker per day and accumulating them. 
  • HF1
    HF1 Posts: 19 Level 2
    Options
    I could have written Billy_Barty's post word for word - exactly the same ongoing issues for me, even down to the second treat at 10 pm (I'm using Facebook on Chrome), and now no sugar drops either!
  • bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 16,029 Candy Moderator
    Options
    Hi everyone.  I don't play CCS on the computer - I play on my phone and tablet using IOS.  I play thru FB and I still have sugar drops and the build a bot.  Sounds like some of you are definitely experiencing a glitch.  If I have a problem on my tablet I just reboot or hard boot it (pretty easy to do).  It doesn't always work but usually it does.  I would think the process would be the same on the computer - restart of shutdown and then start up again.  Anyway - I certainly hope you all can get your issue(s) resolved.  Good Luck and have a great weekend.
  • HF1
    HF1 Posts: 19 Level 2
    Options
    Tried that many times, as has Billy_Barty (he specifically says so).
  • bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 16,029 Candy Moderator
    Options
    @HF1 - I believe @Billy_Barty said he uses chrome - does the Win 10 app work with one of the other browsers?  Maybe using a different browser might help (I'm not IT expert but sometimes I have had better luck with certain programs using a different browser).  Just a thought.
  • mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    Options
    Good morning. Happy Easter!
    I've only ever played on the Facebook app; I don't have any games on my phone (too tempting!!) and I play on laptops and occasionally a tablet. However, I'm not sure how to "refresh the app". Hit the refresh arrow on my screen? Dozens of times, because that\s the only way to get any boosters at all. Log out and log back in? Yeah, many times. Reboot the computer? Yeah, both this one and the work computer, which did a full scheduled systems update. 

There have ALWAYS been issues with the gameplay for me: I've reported several times that I consistently win the Dexter challenge but don't always get the prizes. The sugar drop 180 booster machine glitches out at least once a week by stalling and not giving the prizes or by resetting to a lower total. My daily Treat Calendar always starts at the first treat and will only give the second one if I'm playing at 10pm. Never any other time. Even if I leave the game open, it never progresses to the third treat. The scrolls for hard levels never carry over to the next time I log in but only accumulate while I play, meaning that I have to leave the game running in the background indefinitely.
    However, the Daily Win sticker still works properly, adding a sticker per day and accumulating them. 
    @Billy_Barty

Hi Billy! 

When you play Candy Crush App on Facebook, rebooting your computer is not going to help at all if you encounter the same Sugar Drops issue when you open the Candy Crush Saga from within Facebook. The issue you are having is the result of the game slow loading and it will always be the issue if you don't refresh the App right after you open it. You need to refresh the App when you are there using the Refresh or Curbed Arrow on the Upper Left Side Corner of your browser. To make it easy for you to follow, I created a Facebook Sugar Drops Fix Illustration specially for you.

Hope this helps! Let me know if it works like a Charm like it did for me last night when I was trying to resolve your issue.

Have a Wonderful Evening! 

• mercerik
    Options
    @HF1 - I believe @Billy_Barty said he uses chrome - does the Win 10 app work with one of the other browsers?  Maybe using a different browser might help (I'm not IT expert but sometimes I have had better luck with certain programs using a different browser).  Just a thought.
    @bearwithme

Hi there!

Windows 10 Candy Crush Saga Version is an independent App that gives you the options of logging-in on either Facebook or Kingdom. The nice thing about this is you don't have to use a browser. This is just like other Online Computer Games. I never had problems with this version whatsoever and it loads faster than CCS Facebook App. 
  • mercerik
    Options
    HF1 said:
    Tried that many times, as has Billy_Barty (he specifically says so).
    @HF1

Hi there! Welcome to the King Community!

If you are having the same issue as Billy, you have to do the same thing as I told him. The issue you are having is the result of the game slow loading and it will always be the issue if you don't refresh the App right after you open it. You need to refresh the App when you are there using the Refresh or Curbed Arrow on the Upper Left Side Corner of your browser. Just look at the Facebook Sugar Drops Fix Illustration that I made for him.

Thanks for visiting this thread! Hope my resolution to the issue fixes yours! Let me know if it does or doesn't.  

• mercerik
    Options
    Final Note:

Build-A-Bot Challenge is not available on Candy Crush Saga Facebook Version App. 
    This is when you play the game inside your Facebook Account using a Browser
    like Chrome in your Desktop or Laptop Computers.

• Billy_Barty
    Billy_Barty Posts: 12 Level 2
    Options
    Hi again.
    Yeah, I've clicked on the refresh arrow...I thought I was pretty clear about that: "Hit the refresh arrow on my screen? Dozens of times, because that\s the only way to get any boosters at all".  I thought perhaps there was some "app update" function somewhere that I needed to access but hitting the curved arrow just restarts my game. No change to the functionality except giving me the very first booster on the treat calendar, which is better than nothing (which is what I'm currently earning for boosters). Open the game, collect the daily treat (always the striped/wrapped candy combo) and play the current level. Then the Candy Quest becomes available so pick one and scroll to a level that you can beat with no boosters and earn whatever is needed for the Quest. Collect the boosters. Refresh and do it again until you can take a run at the hard levels again.

I wish there was a bit less assurance in your answers that you are giving the ultimate final solution when in fact you're just guessing at what the problem is. I've been playing this game for years, and am into the 3800's so helpful hints like refreshing the screen or changing browsers seem kind of like grasping at straws...
    As far as the Build-a-Bot thing goes, I've never seen it so I never knew I was missing it. Was it useful for anything or just a waste of time like that Denize dragon stars thing? 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?