Sugar drops?

Options
13»

Comments

• HF1
    HF1 Posts: 19 Level 2
    Options
    Same again as Billy - but thanks for trying to help.
  • mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    Options
    Hi again.
    Yeah, I've clicked on the refresh arrow...I thought I was pretty clear about that: "Hit the refresh arrow on my screen? Dozens of times, because that\s the only way to get any boosters at all".  I thought perhaps there was some "app update" function somewhere that I needed to access but hitting the curved arrow just restarts my game. No change to the functionality except giving me the very first booster on the treat calendar, which is better than nothing (which is what I'm currently earning for boosters). Open the game, collect the daily treat (always the striped/wrapped candy combo) and play the current level. Then the Candy Quest becomes available so pick one and scroll to a level that you can beat with no boosters and earn whatever is needed for the Quest. Collect the boosters. Refresh and do it again until you can take a run at the hard levels again.

I wish there was a bit less assurance in your answers that you are giving the ultimate final solution when in fact you're just guessing at what the problem is. I've been playing this game for years, and am into the 3800's so helpful hints like refreshing the screen or changing browsers seem kind of like grasping at straws...
    As far as the Build-a-Bot thing goes, I've never seen it so I never knew I was missing it. Was it useful for anything or just a waste of time like that Denize dragon stars thing? 
    @Billy_Barty

Hi Billy!

Before we start, I want to make it clear to you that I am a volunteer here. I joined this Community early this year to help people with their App issues. I don't work for King. I don't get paid for the solutions I share. 

If you hire someone to have this fixed, every applications technicians have to make your problems as you described to  reappear as they fix it. They are not magicians, they base the solutions on what they see. I was able to do that with my Facebook App and refreshing it fixed the problem. If yours didn't turn out the way mine did, don't take it out on me. You have a much bigger issue.

If you look at the initial ScreenShots I posted here, the dates on the right corner (Systray) was dated April 18, 2019 on both which means I tried it at the time I put my two cents on yours. When I open Candy Crush Saga, the Sugar Drops feature was not there and when I refreshed my Browser, it was back where it should be. 

There is a difference between Apps running inside your Computer and Apps running inside Facebook. If you have issues on Apps inside Facebook, common sense will tell you that rebooting your system is not going to fix it. There will not be any "App Update Function" anywhere for Apps inside Facebook because they are updated when Facebook Updates. 

I understand that you are frustrated but accusing me of guessing is not a nice thing to say for someone who is giving you a helping hand paid or not. If you yourself are paying someone to fix this for you, they might not feel offended. 

Not all issues happening in your browser is caused by Candy Crush Saga. The Community is actually a helpful venue for getting solutions to a problem. It so happen that some of us here have knowledge and experience with some of the problems presented by players. 

When I said Final Note, it was only to end my comments for the night. It was not intended for you since I did not put a tag like @Billy_Barty on it. It was just to inform everyone that Build-A-Bot Challenge is not present on Facebook. Look at my comments with illustration on yours and I quote "Hope this helps! Let me know if it works like a Charm like it did for me last night when I was trying to resolve your issue. Have a Wonderful Evening!"

I tried to fix your problem. I was planning on trying to completely fix this with other resolutions if the first one does not work. Since you don't trust my the way I handled this issue, I am stopping here and let others take over.

Good Luck!

• Billy_Barty
    Billy_Barty Posts: 12 Level 2
    Options
    "If you are having the same issue as Billy, you have to do the same thing as I told him. The issue you are having is the result of the game slow loading and it will always be the issue if you don't refresh the App right after you open it."
    You give out information with confidence that it is correct, but when I challenge you that is NOT correct, you get salty and walk away from the problem. Okay, sounds good.

But I was trying to give as much information as possible about the situation and how the game works for me. Others have chimed in and said they have THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM. Don't get mad at me when YOU give out directions and say "it always will be the issue if you don't refresh the App" and it turns out it is NOT the issue.

Being as you have taken your best shot at helping out, thanks for your efforts. 

• mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    edited April 2019
    Options
    @Billy_Barty

You did not challenge me at all, you were telling me that I was guessing when you saw the proof that I didn't have the Sugar Drops feature when I opened Candy Crush Saga App Page inside Facebook and that was solved by refreshing the Browser. If you were having that issue, wouldn't you want to try it? The problem with you is you don't want to do it because you don't know how to do it. How would you know if you haven't tried it? It takes courage to learn new things that you haven't done before.

Read my first comment on your issue and see what was the first thing that I noticed in your ScreenShot that concerns me? Although you were signed-in and inside Facebook, the game does not recognize that you are signed-in. Since the first option I've given you didn't pan out, this is what you should concentrate on. Another possibility is, your Facebook Page being hacked. A lot of that has been happening.

With your impatience, I am afraid of making you try other options. As I said I am an App Fixer, not a Magician. I am not Houdini who can make your problem disappear in a flash. If the first one as you said is a guess, what would happen if the second one doesn't work? I don't know how much maintenance you do with your system, with your Browser and anything connected to it. In this issue that you have, patience and humility will help you resolve it especially this weekend being Easter Sunday. 

Hope you have a Happy Easter!

• piglet301
    piglet301 Posts: 36 Level 2
    Options
    The general discussion board I thought was not necessarily a place to seek fixes or help, there are other boards on this site specifically for that.  I started this thread just to gauge if the sugar drop issue was a widespread issue or not, which would determine my next steps.  I think it is a little off-putting when "experts" swoop in with huge posts and point out very obvious stuff.  I even include in my initial post that 8 hours had passed since I filled it, yet someone still reminded me that the sugar drops re-set and you have to wait for 8 hours to pass.  That tells me they didn't pay attention to my post and were just wanting to jump in and educate me.  It may be well-meaning but comes across as condescending.  
  • Dan4259
    Dan4259 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Having the same problem when I use the Google Chrome browser.  Restarting will not help.  When I play using the Firefox browser I get the coins but when I collect enough for the boosters the game freezes and I get nothing on a restart.  This has just happened recently.  I've changed nothing on my PC.
  • chaitanyac
    chaitanyac Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    No drops for me today - I collect then twice a day but none to be found & no countdown showing on levels - they have vanished completely.

• chaitanyac
    chaitanyac Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Yeah same is happening with me cince last 4 days no suger drops even after an update 😕
  • rwalden75
    rwalden75 Posts: 6 Level 2
    Options
    I updated on mobile android app & still no drops??

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,696 Sweet Legend
    Options
    Hey guys, here is an update on the Sugar Drop challenge.  It has gone into testing so some players still have it and others don't.  I"m not sure why or what they are testing but please follow this link because updates from the community manager/moderator will be made there.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?