can not receive lives

Options
13»

Answers

• mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    edited May 2019
    Options
    @druhora_loredana hmm could it be that you don't have friends on that level? I would recommend to scroll back on levels, open a level and see if you see players there. 

@Jelly Jenny

Hi Jenny!

This has been going on for over a year now. There is only one way of Sending Lives to Friends and that is thru the ScreenShot below: 

Lives can only be sent thru the Message Icon next to the player's photo. In my case, I can only send lives to one friend which is quite unfair to the others whom I requested lives from. Not only am I allowed to send lives to one person, I also have to Log-In each time I do so which is total inconvenience because I am already logged-in.

To make our lives easier, my friends and I agreed that each time anyone of us request lives, the receiving party of the request will in turn request lives as well from that person. It works but it would have been easier the way it used to be.

I have 81 friends on Facebook who play Candy Crush Saga. Looking at the Progress, listed under Current Tab, there are 7 of us competing for this top level. Why is it that there is only 1 player in my Play Screen? There used to be 5 just like the Soda Saga. What was the reason for this change?

We've had several complaints about this in this Community which prompted me open an Ideas' thread titled "Let's Vote On Bringing Back The Old System Of Sending Lives To Friends"  with this link: https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/discussion/257658/lets-vote-on-bringing-back-the-old-system-of-sending-lives-to-friends#latest

Hopefully, this can be resolved soon!

Thanks!
  • jmorgison
    jmorgison Posts: 22 Level 2
    Options
    What do I do now?  Am ready to begin a new episode and will be unable to do so unless this problem is fixed.  Need to receive tickets from friends to go into new episode and I cannot receive them at this point.
  • Jelly_Jenny
    Jelly_Jenny Posts: 1,889 Community Manager
    Options
    @mercerik if you need to log into your Facebook account every time when sending out requests, I would recommend double checking your privacy setting for this game. To edit your privacy settings, please head to Facebook.com (on a browser) and reinstall Candy Crush Saga game app in your Facebook account. Once you have reinstalled the game app, you will get a pop up that lets you edit your app privacy settings. 

Here's how to reinstall the game in Facebook

Go to “Settings => Apps” and press the “x” next to the app in question.
    Clear cache: http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache.
    Then restart your PC and add the game to your Facebook account again.

Now regarding not seeing everyone on the "progress" list on your "send lives" list: this can be again depending on your friends' privacy settings. If they have turn on restrictions, it may be that you cannot send them requests or see them in your game. These restrictions are done from their side so you cannot help with that. 

That is not the only reason why the lists may differ. The "progress list" is a list of showing on which level your friends have reached the last time they have been connected to the same platform as you (platform choices are Kingdom or Facebook). 

The send lives list however will show the Facebook friends that have been recently playing the game connected to Facebook. If they have both platforms, they may be playing connected to Kingdom at the time or playing offline, and wouldn't be showing up in your list, if you are playing connected to Facebook.  

• mercerik
    Options
    @Jelly Jenny

I am sorry but you didn't get the point that I am getting across. The Progress ScreenShot has nothing to do with with Sending Lives to Friends, I just used it to show that I have several friends that are competing in Top Positions.  Why do I only have 1 friend listed in my Play Screen showing in the list when that is the only way of Sending Lives to friends? The Old System had 5 players.

The first ScreenShot is not a Facebook App. It is a Windows 10 App. Facebook Account is only used for Log-in. I don't have to uninstall or reinstall anything just to send 1 person 1 life each time. It is weird! My system is working better. I pointed this out because a lot of people are affected by this. 

The only thing that works is Sending Request for Lives from friends not Sending Friends Lives in return. I am sorry Jenny, I played this game since 2012 long enough to know what I am talking about. By the way, all my friends are playing using Facebook, not the Kingdom. As I said, we had to improvise just so we can have banked lives. It works for us. I am just trying to make this work for other people.

Thanks for the response!

• Jelly_Jenny
    Jelly_Jenny Posts: 1,889 Community Manager
    Options
    @mercerik Reinstalling the game app was to resolve your issue with logging into Facebook every time when sending out lives.

The reason why it has to be done in Facebook, is so that you will then get a chance to change app's privacy settings. That is if you want to get rid of this constant logging into your FB account. I can see that you are playing on Win10, which is why I had the emphasis on which platform you should do this, as you cannot change privacy settings through the Win10 app. 

Everything I was referring to was the way sending lives works right now: Due to increased privacy measures in Facebook, it depends when your FB friends have been playing online and connected to Facebook. 

But whatever works for you the best right now, and obviously we are always looking for ways to improve the game. To which player feedback plays part. So keep it up :)  

• mercerik
    edited May 2019
    Options
    @mercerik Reinstalling the game app was to resolve your issue with logging into Facebook every time when sending out lives.

The reason why it has to be done in Facebook, is so that you will then get a chance to change app's privacy settings. That is if you want to get rid of this constant logging into your FB account. I can see that you are playing on Win10, which is why I had the emphasis on which platform you should do this, as you cannot change privacy settings through the Win10 app. 

Everything I was referring to was the way sending lives works right now: Due to increased privacy measures in Facebook, it depends when your FB friends have been playing online and connected to Facebook. 

But whatever works for you the best right now, and obviously we are always looking for ways to improve the game. To which player feedback plays part. So keep it up :)  

@Jelly Jenny

Sorry Jenny, I am not falling for that. I've fixed Software Issues for years. I would uninstall and reinstall only if the App is freezing NOT for Sending 1 Life to one Friend and lose 225 Lives I've banked by improvising, making agreements with friends. We're all doing fine because of it. I don't want to lose Boosters I've Accumulated by beating levels as well. I don't have a headache right now, why create one?

This issue is minor for me but not for players here which is the reason why I am helping them get this resolved by sharing my experience. If this is the only way they can get lives and send lives in return, why not fix it? 

Thanks for the response!

• Khaos
    Khaos Posts: 523 Level 5
    edited May 2019
    Options
    @Jelly Jenny explained it to you, @mercerik but let me give it a go. It doesn't make a flying flip how many active friends you have trying to to play the most levels. You only have Gary showing up is because he is the only one that is further along than you are, ie higher level. If you want to send lives to all your friends, scroll down to level 1 and every friend you have that has played at least the first level will show up for you to send lives to.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?