⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Reverted to Flash version

Options
MurraysGirl
MurraysGirl Posts: 2 Newbie
Yesterday I came to this forum to figure out why CC wasn't working properly (Win10 computer). I discovered that I needed to move to a new non-flash version, and that clearing my cache and cookies would do that. So I did, and I wasn't asked to enable Flash when I next logged in, and things  started working again.

Today I closed Chrome. When I reopened it I found that I am back to the Flash version again. Clearing cache and cookies did nothing this time. I am not able to download the app, so that is not a possibility. What do I do now?

Answers

• MurraysGirl
    MurraysGirl Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Well it all seems to be working at the moment so I am okay for now.
  • mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Yesterday I came to this forum to figure out why CC wasn't working properly (Win10 computer). I discovered that I needed to move to a new non-flash version, and that clearing my cache and cookies would do that. So I did, and I wasn't asked to enable Flash when I next logged in, and things  started working again.

Today I closed Chrome. When I reopened it I found that I am back to the Flash version again. Clearing cache and cookies did nothing this time. I am not able to download the app, so that is not a possibility. What do I do now?

@MurraysGirl

Hi there! Welcome to the Candy Crush Saga Community!

It would have been better if you stick with the Thread that you created initially. Creating too many threads is not a good idea because it is going to prolong your problems since whoever takes your issue will have to figure out the solution from square 1 each time. This time, please stay in this Thread!

You do not need to move to a non-flash version. Your main responsibility is to keep your Operating System, Windows 10 and your  browser Up-To-Date. If your browser version is current, everything will work just fine. Google Chrome has transitioned to HTML5 or Hypertext Mark-up Language Version 5 long before other browsers did. I don't believe that Chrome will go back to Flash Version ever again because Adobe Flash is on Life Support right now, with its demise getting closer and closer to its deadline on December 2020 when it is completely replaced by HTML5. From your description, I can clearly see that your browser has never been updated which is what most people have neglected.

Before you proceed with the Steps Below, please Uninstall your Candy Crush Saga App Completely and Restart your Computer.

I want you to do 3 things: #1 Go to Windows 10 Settings ➡️ Click On Update & Security ➡️  If your Operating System is current, under Windows Update, it will tell you "You're Up-To-Date" just like in the ScreenShot I provided here:

If not, click Check for Updates and wait until it is done. It will tell you to restart once it is. If you set Automatic Updates on Settings, clicking the time when your computer is idle, it will do it automatically for you. You can just set and forget it. 
    Make sure Windows 10 Settings is closed before proceeding to the next step.

#2 Open your Google Chrome Browser ➡️ On the Upper Right Hand Corner of your Browser, click on the 3 Dots ➡️ Go down on Help ➡️ Move your Mouse to the Left of Help and click on About Google Chrome ➡️ It will take you to About Chrome on Settings ➡️ If your Browser is NOT Updated, it will Update Automatically ➡️ When Done, it will say ⬇️
                                                                        Google Chrome is up to date
                                                            Version 75.0.3770.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)
                                                          as of 06/16/2019. If you update passed this date,
                                                        your Version will be different since Google Updates
                                                                                  Chrome frequently.

#3 Go to the Microsoft Store. Download & Install the Candy Crush Saga App..

If you maintain your computer from these procedures, your Candy Crush Saga Experience will be awesome, just like mine. You can save this procedures and get into a habit of updating your Operating System and your Browser.

Hope all these answer your lingering question! Please click on the "Yes" that I've answered your question! 

Thanks!
  • mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    Options
    Well it all seems to be working at the moment so I am okay for now.
    @MurraysGirl

I am sure you'll be back here in no time. Fixing that now is the right thing to do before it gets worse but it is entirely up to you.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?