⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Delicious Drifts, 3 stars on ALL levels, but says need 2 more?

Options
Rigby5
Rigby5 Posts: 10 Level 2
I backed up to the Delicious Drifts section, in order to become champion.  Got 3 stars on all the levels in Delicious Drifts.  But now it says I need to "collect -2 more stars" in order to become Delicious Drift champion.  Which is impossible.  So has to be a glitch.  

Best Answer

• Deryck
    Deryck Posts: 1,121 Level 5
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Rigby5 I agree it shouldn't matter what score someone else gets. But the fact is it does affect the display.

btw just because you got 3 stars in the episode won't automatically put you into the leaderbox. If another player gets 3 stars on an episode, the game will randomly select who goes into the winning display. Then you might see the message "Collect at least 0 more stars to beat ____ etc." with that player's picture in the leaderbox. That's been my experience.

The fact you're seeing a 'collect -2 stars' is an indication the winner in your leaderbox has questionable scores. Since you didn't confirm what kind of scores that player has, I'm only speculating though. That is the reason you're seeing that negative number. There's no bug or glitch. It's there because a cheater manipulated things.

A way to fix your leaderbox, I imagine, is if you manage to get that player out of your game. Unfortunately, logging into and out of king.com has no effect on shuffling your friendslist. I personally am only able to do that on the Win10 app.

Answers

• saradakarthik
    saradakarthik Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    Rigby5 said:
    I backed up to the Delicious Drifts section, in order to become champion.  Got 3 stars on all the levels in Delicious Drifts.  But now it says I need to "collect -2 more stars" in order to become Delicious Drift champion.  Which is impossible.  So has to be a glitch.  

• saradakarthik
    saradakarthik Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    Hi,
    Try logging out and logging back again. 
  • Rigby5
    Options
    Logging out and logging back in again did not help or change anything.
    It is not the end of the world since eventually I was going to just move forward.  But I spend a great deal of time ensuring I got 3 stars in every single level of Delicious Drifts, so it was disappointing to see it not mean anything.
  • Deryck
    Options

@Rigby5  I think the following thread will be relevant for you: https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/discussion/comment/401026

I suggest looking at that player's (the Polar Explorer in your game) scores on levels in that episode. I sense the player has some suspect scores.

I notice players who cheat mess up the "winning" messages. Here's how my cheater (weird phrase but eh) affected mine:

• Rigby5
    Options
    @Deryck, I don't think it should matter what score someone else got if I was able to get 3 stars on every level.
    If some people cheat and get really high scores, that should prevent me from getting 3 stars.
    But I did get 3 stars on every level of Delicious Drifts.
    So I don't think it was an unusually high score that caused this problem.
    The other odd thing is that it says I need a -2 stars.
    It should never come up with a minus amount.
    I think there is a bug in the algorithm.
  • Deryck
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Rigby5 I agree it shouldn't matter what score someone else gets. But the fact is it does affect the display.

btw just because you got 3 stars in the episode won't automatically put you into the leaderbox. If another player gets 3 stars on an episode, the game will randomly select who goes into the winning display. Then you might see the message "Collect at least 0 more stars to beat ____ etc." with that player's picture in the leaderbox. That's been my experience.

The fact you're seeing a 'collect -2 stars' is an indication the winner in your leaderbox has questionable scores. Since you didn't confirm what kind of scores that player has, I'm only speculating though. That is the reason you're seeing that negative number. There's no bug or glitch. It's there because a cheater manipulated things.

A way to fix your leaderbox, I imagine, is if you manage to get that player out of your game. Unfortunately, logging into and out of king.com has no effect on shuffling your friendslist. I personally am only able to do that on the Win10 app.

• Rigby5
    Options
    Deryck said:

I looked at the other scores and none were more than twice mine, so were not totally insane,
    But the algorithm is supposed to calculate 3 stars for the level, based on what would make you episode champion.  
    But I think you are correct that someone could have the same 3 stars but a higher total score than mine, if they came later.
    And this particular episode I am doing backwards.  I went back to redo some levels I likes and thought I could do better on.
    So maybe that explains it?  What would fix it is if the 3 stars got rescinded when someone else does better.
  • Deryck
    edited July 2019
    Options

@Rigby5 Great, but it's not just an insane score you're looking for. Some cheaters can have an otherwise reasonable-looking score (I had one of those cheaters in my game too; they disappeared fast), but the giveaway is what digit the score ends on. A pattern of the game I notice is that all level scores end on a 0 number (117480, 79500,  71640 points etc.)

Does your Polar Explorer, king8847517659, have a score ending on a non-0 number? Disregard looking at other players' scores in your leaderboard; you're only looking to see if the Polar Explorer has scores ending on a non-0 number in your Delicious Drifts episode.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?