Level 1326 & the appearance of the ‘Magic Mixer’

Options
aherrmie
aherrmie Posts: 10 Level 2
King -

The first time I advanced this far and encountered the hellish magic mixers, I got so frustrated that I literally deleted my account and started over. I’m a damn good player, if I do say so myself, and I hate those things. They make the levels nearly impossible. I’m done. 

Comments

• Deryck
    Deryck Posts: 1,121 Level 5
    Options

@aherrmie You only encountered the Magic Mixer that one time in that one level before giving up?

Did you figure out they can be destroyed? And fairly easily. Just make any candy match adjacent to it. Or if you want to save frustration, and have spare boosters, using a lollipop hammer on it will weaken it. Not sure how much blows it takes to completely destroy it though.

I'm not thrilled with the mixers, especially levels that have multiples of them, but chocolate is a worse annoyance imo - and that appears much earlier in the game. So if you made it so far to 1326, why give up.

• aherrmie
    aherrmie Posts: 10 Level 2
    Options
    Thanks for the condescending reply. 

Of course I didn’t give up after one level. In my post I said that last year I became so frustrated with them that I *eventually* reset my game progress.

Of course I know they can be destroyed.

It takes 5 lollipop hammers to destroy one of them, and using one combo isn’t enough. That’s not the issue. 

I don’t have a problem with hard to destroy. I have a problem with their ability to spawn nastiness so quickly that you don’t have a chance to recover from one turn to the next. At least with the chocolate if you hit it anywhere on the board you get a turn without any more covering spaces. These things make the game so hard that it’s no longer fun. 
  • Deryck
    Deryck Posts: 1,121 Level 5
    Options

@aherrmie Sorry if I offended. That wasn't my intent, and your original post was a bit vague. I still don't follow really. Did you eventually pass 1326 and thus saw more of the magic mixers in other levels after it? Or were you stuck at 1326, making that one mixer the only one you encountered? If the latter, that was the reason for my previous response.

I imagine casual CC players are likely unaware of the online community and probably don't think to come online for solutions of moving forward. If they get frustrated, they put the game aside and move on to something else. So I meant no condescension when I was informing the mixers can be gotten rid of.

Agreed, when mixers spawn blockers so fast, they sometimes forced me to restart a level. i.e. 1389 is one of the worst offenders. I find prioritizing their removal is the best strategy in levels they're in. You'd said, "At least with the chocolate if you hit it anywhere on the board you get a turn without any more covering spaces." But the mixer has the same thing basically. There's a move in between before the next spawned blocker appear, giving time to put another dent in the mixer.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?