Format for things like the Rocket Race

Options
Hi folks. i'm new (obviously). Been playing about 5 or 6 months now. Started because my elderly father played, and I was trying to catch his level. Got there in April, but sadly he passed into the sugary after life of the candy crush world :(. he's in a better place though.

Not to drag it all down, I do have a question.

I've played several games that work similar to this, and I wanted to first confirm I'm correct, and if so, inform people.

If I understand it correctly, let's take the rocket race, or the level race for example. When you see yourself and a fist full of other people, they don't see this same list. They are not necessarily playing against you, and probably don't have any of the same people you do. It's randomized. This is why sometimes you'll see someone get to like 1800 color bomb points and they stop. They are stopping because in their list they are far enough ahead they don't feel the need to keep going, but since they don't see me in their list, they aren't aware of my scores at all, and all I need to do is beat him (assuming he's first in the race)

or, he could be badly losing and not feel the need to push.

Either way, unless I'm mistaken, the groupings aren't static. They're randomized even within each race.

Am i correct?

Comments

• tsaytds
    tsaytds Posts: 255 Level 4
    Options
    Hi, welcome to the Community.

As you know, this game is played all over the world, so things may just be a little complicated than you thought. They are grouped together all throught out the race. What you have observed could be the following two reasons: (1) many people spend money to play the game, when gold bars and boosters were exhausted they stopped. They simply don't care about the outcome of the race or any other events. (2) Players live in different time zones. In my case this happens constantly when I went to sleep with no. 1 position and walked up at no.2 or 3. This is due to my time zone is 12 hours ahead of others. Races are just for fun, never fairness.
  • Mindzipper
    Mindzipper Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited September 2019
    Options
    tsaytds said:
    Hi, welcome to the Community.

As you know, this game is played all over the world, so things may just be a little complicated than you thought. They are grouped together all throught out the race. What you have observed could be the following two reasons: (1) many people spend money to play the game, when gold bars and boosters were exhausted they stopped. They simply don't care about the outcome of the race or any other events. (2) Players live in different time zones. In my case this happens constantly when I went to sleep with no. 1 position and walked up at no.2 or 3. This is due to my time zone is 12 hours ahead of others. Races are just for fun, never fairness.
    Thanks for the reply. I think you misunderstood my post :). Im a programmer and I understand how randomized contests work. Don't worry, I think i just did a poor job of defining my question. But someone that knows what I'm talking about will understand.

I am pretty sure that most people don't understand how these races work. if I'm right (and someone from King would likely have to answer that, but probably won't) it just means that you are competing against the others in your group that you see, but it's almost a sure bet that they see a completely different list of people in their list.

So if I beat everyone in my group, technically everyone that I see in my group could still be winners in their own races.

I probably just explained it badly
  • tsaytds
    tsaytds Posts: 255 Level 4
    Options
    You were perfectly clear and I like your soaring mind. Tell you a secret, King don't like to give away free boosters. If one day you find yourself in two or more groups let me know.
  • Mindzipper
    Mindzipper Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    tsaytds said:
    You were perfectly clear and I like your soaring mind. Tell you a secret, King don't like to give away free boosters. If one day you find yourself in two or more groups let me know.
    tsaytds, thank you for the reply!

Can you expand on that a little? What did you mean?

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?