Are you fed up to be a guinea pig ?

Options
seasong
seasong Posts: 113 Level 3
edited September 2019 in Discussions
Hi everyone 
Since the beginning of the year things are working badly in your favorite game.
It started with the new built-a-bot that we couldn’t built with old levels.
Fortunately CC listened us and fixed up the bot in June.
But summer brought us a lot of surprises, obviously CC is on his way to rework the game. Timed rewards everywhere, events that disappear, no way to get normal boosters anymore...
They say it’s a transition period and invite you to be patient until changes are established.
Personally I’m fearing the worst about these new rules and in the meantime I’m fed up to be a Guinea pig 😡
I’m so sorry it turned this way cause I’m a faithful and addict daily player

Best Answer

• mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    edited September 2019 Answer ✓
    Options
    seasong said:
    Thanks @mercerik my English is not so good but I‘m trying to make me understand. I prefer using a dictionary than a google translator but I still make mistakes. I’m often writing in English with my American friends in a Facebook group which brings together rocks painters from all over the globe, so I’ve had some practice.
    I lived in Paris 20 years ago before moving to Toulouse, I guess that’s changed since but it was a nice period of my life. Hope you could visit your friend.
    Where are you living? America? 
    @seasong

You are welcome! 

Believe it or not, English used to be my second language. I said used to be because I was born, raised and educated in the Philippines with Pilipino or Tagalog as my first language. Living in the United States for so long with no Filipino neighbors to talk to in Tagalog, is main the reason why English is now my first language per se.  I have a son who only speaks English. I guess it was my fault that I did not teach him how to speak my native language. 

The English language just like any other languages in the world has a sentence structure that is followed in sentence construction where the subject comes first, the verb second and the object third. The verbs get conjugated into tenses of present, past or future. Of course, let's not forget about the prepositions which are governing words, expressing the relationship of a noun or a pronoun to the other words in the sentence, making it complete and grammatically correct. Rule of thumb, if the sentence doesn't sound good, it has to be reconstructed.

Currently, I live in Nebraska (the Good Life).

Answers

• mercerik
    Options
    seasong said:
    Hi everyone 
    Since the beginning of the year things are working badly in your favorite game.
    It started with the new built-a-bot that we couldn’t built with old levels.
    Fortunately CC listened us and fixed up the bot in June.
    But summer brought us a lot of surprises, obviously CC is on his way to rework the game. Timed rewards everywhere, events that disappear, no way to get normal boosters anymore...
    They say it’s a transition period and invite you to be patient until changes are established.
    Personally I’m fearing the worst about these new rules and in the meantime I’m fed up to be a Guinea pig 😡
    I’m so sorry it turned this way cause I’m a faithful and addict daily player
    @seasong

I understand your frustrations! Let's not call Gaming Testing Groups Guinea Pigs because they are not really the same. Guinea Pigs get paid, Candy Crush Saga Gaming Testing Groups don't. 

Testing Groups help in improving games. Without them, games will dull and boring. 
  • seasong
    Options
    Sorry @mercerik if I used the wrong word...
  • mercerik
    edited September 2019
    Options
    seasong said:
    Sorry @mercerik if I used the wrong word...
    @seasong

It is OK! We're just having a conversation here. I understand what you meant. No harm done. We're both just sharing our opinions or point-of-views. 

I should have clarified my statements above. There are 2 types of Guinea Pigs - the paid ones by choice (Medical Testing Volunteers) are individuals who help find cures for diseases and the unpaid ones (mice or rats) in cages who are innocent who have no choice but to submit to whatever is being done to them during the development of medications for certain diseases. 
  • seasong
    Options
    Yes @mercerik
    Here in France a guinea pig are innocent, the paid ones are called testers 
    No worries no harm done, just a translation problem, kiss
  • mercerik
    edited September 2019
    Options
    seasong said:
    Yes @mercerik
    Here in France a guinea pig are innocent, the paid ones are called testers 
    No worries no harm done, just a translation problem, kiss
    @seasong

You are actually doing well with your translations and the use of prepositions compared to others. I find your statements precise to the point and easy to understand. 

France is one of the countries I would like to visit in the future. I have a friend musician who lives in Paris. I would like to see his shows in person when I visit. 
  • seasong
    Options
    Thanks @mercerik my English is not so good but I‘m trying to make me understand. I prefer using a dictionary than a google translator but I still make mistakes. I’m often writing in English with my American friends in a Facebook group which brings together rocks painters from all over the globe, so I’ve had some practice.
    I lived in Paris 20 years ago before moving to Toulouse, I guess that’s changed since but it was a nice period of my life. Hope you could visit your friend.
  • Scooterpie
    Scooterpie Posts: 5,845 Level 5
    edited September 2019
    Options
    mercerik said:

Testing Groups help in improving games. Without them, games will dull and boring. 
    @mercerik
    I agree with you 100%
  • mercerik
    edited September 2019 Answer ✓
    Options
    seasong said:
    @seasong

You are welcome! 

Believe it or not, English used to be my second language. I said used to be because I was born, raised and educated in the Philippines with Pilipino or Tagalog as my first language. Living in the United States for so long with no Filipino neighbors to talk to in Tagalog, is main the reason why English is now my first language per se.  I have a son who only speaks English. I guess it was my fault that I did not teach him how to speak my native language. 

The English language just like any other languages in the world has a sentence structure that is followed in sentence construction where the subject comes first, the verb second and the object third. The verbs get conjugated into tenses of present, past or future. Of course, let's not forget about the prepositions which are governing words, expressing the relationship of a noun or a pronoun to the other words in the sentence, making it complete and grammatically correct. Rule of thumb, if the sentence doesn't sound good, it has to be reconstructed.

Currently, I live in Nebraska (the Good Life).
  • mercerik
    Options
    mercerik said:

@mercerik
    I agree with you 100%
    Thanks! @Scooterpie

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?