⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Getting error 'Unfortunately, Candy Crush Saga has stopped' when I play the game outside of Facebook

Options
Kris_F.
Kris_F. Posts: 8 Level 2

I have a Samsung Galaxy S 10.5 tablet, about 2 years old.  It recently upgraded to the latest Android release.  I have about 8 gig of memory available, and I believe I have the latest Candy Crush Saga release.   I can play thru Facebook without a problem, but prefer not to.  But when I click on Play outside of Facebook, I keep getting the message that 'Unfortunately, Candy Crush Saga has stopped'.  I really don't want to reinstall, especially since almost all the comments here say that that doesn't solve the problem and you could lose your bonuses.  Any ideas?  This is the second time I've asked.  

Best Answer

Answers

• Tony_Mc
    Tony_Mc Posts: 4,138 Level 3
    Options

Hi Kris,

Welcome back to King Care and thank you for sharing this again here with us. 

This tablet came out in 2014. Recent tests on our side of running our games on the Samsung Galaxy S 10.5 haven't been too positive and I'd therefor recommend you to use a newer device or to play our games on PC through Facebook, king.com or on Windows 10.

Tests run on the newer Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 turned out to be more positive. We'd therefor recommend you any Samsung device starting with the Tab 2 or later, but not any device older than that.

Kindest regards,

Tony - King Care Team

• Kris_F.
    Options

Hi Kris,

This tablet came out in 2014. Recent tests on our side of running our games on the Samsung Galaxy S 10.5 haven't been too positive and I'd therefor recommend you to use a newer device or to play our games on PC through Facebook, king.com or on Windows 10.

Tests run on the newer Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 turned out to be more positive. We'd therefor recommend you any Samsung device starting with the Tab 2 or later, but not any device older than that.

Kindest regards,

Tony - King Care Team

The game on my tablet has worked perfectly for 2 years, and this just started, a couple of weeks after my tablet updated to the current Android release. I don't plan to buy another tablet just for this game! AND the game still works fine if I sign on thru Facebook. I don't think your answer makes sense in light of those facts. Anything else to suggest?
  • Kris_F.
    Options

Hi Kris,

Kindest regards,

Tony - King Care Team

Well, it looks like the latest release of CCSAGA (released 2 days ago) has solved whatever was causing the problem on my tablet. Seems like you could have said a new version was coming, instead of recommending buying a newer tablet. Just sayin' ....
  • Kris_F.
    Answer ✓
    Options

The latest CCSAGA Saga update corrected tell problem.

• Tony_Mc
    Tony_Mc Posts: 4,138 Level 3
    Options

Hi Kris,

Kindest regards,

Tony - King Care Team

Thank you for the update and feedback Kris F. I agree with you, however I went by test results from our tech department. You are absolutely right that Candy Crush Saga can be played on PC, through Facebook and www.king.com. Also, if you have Windows 10 installed on your PC, then you can also play it on your desktop as an app.
  • aahik
    aahik Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I have Motorola ultramax phone I play candy crush but after update this game unfortunately stopped I don't know why &how but really I'm very upset because it's my favorite game it relax me please tell me how to start it again I install this game & after few hours I restall it again but it still not working please help me

• bullard88000
    bullard88000 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    On my Droid Maxx Candy Crush Saga. When I try to open the app it says "unfortunately Candy Crush Saga has stopped". How do I fix it
  • Jelly_Jenny
    Jelly_Jenny Posts: 1,889 Community Manager
    Options
    Hi @aahik, @bullard88000 and welcome to our sweet Community :waving:

This is an error message coming from the device and not the game - it may be due to several things but I would double check if your device is still compatible with the game. You can check that here. 

By the way we have a new competition running and it's a really fun one! You can win some free Gold Bars from that too! Check it out here :)

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?