Timed Boosters

Options
vshanmugam
vshanmugam Posts: 40 Level 2
We have been repeatedly asking to roll back timed boosters from sugar drops. This frustrates the player. It will be useful only if you are playing the game 24×7. In case you got work post getting timed booster, whats the use of the booster ? Extremely extremely irritating.  Hope someone listens. 

PS : Now that I haven't used upper cases , try to address the issue.  

Answers

• Sukanta_Biswas
    Sukanta_Biswas Posts: 24,932 Crushing Legend
    Options
    Hi @vshanmugam
    Welcome back to The King Community. 

Time boosters are currently provided through test groups and in these groups players are randomly selected.
    Whenever king development crew wants to introduce a new feature, they try it first on a number of players that are randomly chosen, to check if everything is alright. 
    A/B testing is very common practice in the IT industry and it is put in place for technical reasons. king need to know if the feature can be supported before releasing it to the whole world.
    Here's an article on Wikipedia about A/B testing, which might spread some light on this practice and why king do this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A/B_testing.
    Promotion allocation is random, and so king unable to send or re-send/reset the active promotions for specific players. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Luckily this is not a problem, its completely normal and You must state your statement here.   
  • vshanmugam
    vshanmugam Posts: 40 Level 2
    Options
    We are fed up with timed boosters.  And I see that irritation with many many other players as well. Please roll back to non timed boosters.  In order to vote for non timed Boosters, where should we vote ?
  • grr
    grr Posts: 100 Level 3
    Options
    I agree - timed boosters are a terrible way to get rewarded. I have probably lost 90%  due to getting 15 minute boosters that can't be used on my current level or having it awarded just before signing off. And many users have complained about getting them when they have no more lives. 

Just yesterday I see an update where there is now a sugar track and you can claim your sugar drop boosters when you are ready. While this is an improvement, I still lost my boosters because they couldn't be used on the level I was playing. And it is only for sugar drops, not the daily wheel or other boosters. Sadly it looks like timed boosters are here to stay - with so many votes down and negative feedback over months, if anyone is listening they don't care.
  • Emskware
    Emskware Posts: 14 Level 2
    Options
    I also agree -- the timed boosters only come up after you've used all your lives, so what's the use in giving them to us?  You're giving us a gift we can't use.  Whose big idea was this?  Do me a favor, leave me out of your testing groups in the future.
  • Sukanta_Biswas
    Sukanta_Biswas Posts: 24,932 Crushing Legend
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Hi @Emskware
    You can tell us your feedback here.😉

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?