No longer able to exit an unstarted board without losing lives - Information and feedback

Options

Comments

• Kerianne
    Kerianne Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    If King thinks this will get me to spend money, they are wrong. I have previously spent, but NEVER again!
    Deryck said:
    @Pounawea I have a little more insight on this topic since the "fix' most have indicated in their screenshots had already affected my one game account since the very beginning. When I say the very beginning, that'd be since earlier this spring when I downloaded the Win10 app version.

To be honest, I have this community to thank for letting me know this "issue" had been in the game; I learned about it here. But when I tried it out, it indeed worked in the one account. 👍 The other account, however, gave the same display message others have posted in screenshots now. 👎

I can say not having the ability to shuffle the board without losing a life is not that big a deal, but my gameplay doesn't reflect it. I played far more frequently on the account that had the ability, getting to level 1769 and collecting the most Sugar Stars there.

The other account, which never had the ability, I play less - only at L1704 - and have few Sugar Stars collected there.

So as others here have confirmed, I too was more engaged with the game when having the ability to shuffle the board.

Now that I've lost the ability altogether, it remains to be seen how engaged I am with CCS..

• Eddie_Sparrow
    Eddie_Sparrow Posts: 273 Level 3
    Options
    From King wiki page:

"King gained fame after releasing the cross-platform title Candy Crush Saga in 2012, considered one of the most financially successful games utilising the freemium model. King was acquired by Activision Blizzard in February 2016 for US$5.9 billion, and operates as its own entity within that company."

The initial company built its reputation on the loyalty of fans and took care to listen to what they wanted. Doesn't seem to be the case of the new company anymore. Expert players who know all the tricks of the trade don't really need to spend a lot to advance fast. They are not profitable. So they think. They forget that they are actually the ones fueling all the business.

The young history of IT is replete with examples of IT companies who disappeared overnight after they started to treat their client base as the enemy. The example of dbase2 comes to mind (long time ago). some of their customers were using unlicensed version of their program and they started to send the police to about everybody, including legitimate honest customers who never did anything wrong. They tried to win more money in spite of the fact that they earned plenty already. The result is that probably nobody even know today that they ever existed. They just went ploof into thin air.

IT is a tough market. Make a mistake and thousands of others are quick to rush in to take your place and you end up all alone full of debts you will never be able to pay back.
  • kfdover
    kfdover Posts: 14 Level 2
    Options
    I won’t stop playing but certainly won’t make anymore purchases. It’s all about the money!!! That’s why we can’t start a new game without losing a life. The new game sucks!!!!
  • KazDog
    KazDog Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    This is an absolute dealbreaker for me too. I’ve been playing this game for maybe 10 years. Up to almost 2,000 (didn’t realise until this issue how many levels there are!). I can’t handle this “fix”. I’m hanging up my boots until you unfix it. 
  • kfdover
    Options
    I’ve managed to stay up with the levels being released each month until now, I’m at 5868 and can’t get to the next level unless I make a purchase. Makes me wonder if anyone even looks at all the comments. I’ve even emailed King about the issue and they don’t respond. 
  • jenfink
    jenfink Posts: 16 Level 2
    Options
    Can you share the email that you found. I’d like to send them a letter as well 
  • kfdover
    Options
    Candy Crush Saga Customer Care
  • kfdover
    Options
    Go to contact us at the bottom
  • humphreyhumbert
    humphreyhumbert Posts: 7 Level 2
    Options
    This thread is eye opening: https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/discussion/257933/eliminating-reset/p5

It seems that back in the Spring, King first eliminated the ability to reset the board. Then, in a post made on June 4th, a community manager announced King reversed its decision and allowed it once again. Now, we're being told that this was a "game issue" as if it were some glitch that had existed since the game was released and was "fixed." They "fixed" it back in June! Now they are "fixing" the "fix" and revoking the ability once again. 

So, beware those who continue to play -- the "fix" is in.
  • Yorben_Goeree
    Yorben_Goeree Posts: 3,864 Level 5
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Hard and super hard levels must be the start of two color bombs combo. 
This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?