⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Chocolate Box

Options
jsilanberg
jsilanberg Posts: 4 Newbie
The new chocolate box in power ups keeps saying Unable to Contact Server. What's going on with that??

Answers

• Sukanta_Biswas
    Sukanta_Biswas Posts: 24,932 Candy Moderator
    Options
    Hi @jsilanberg
    We warmly welcome you to the Friendly King Community's Candy Crush Saga forum.🤗

This is usually the problem for the slow internet,  I'm asking you to check the steps below. Check App Update > Log Out Game > Restart Device > Open Game & Log In.
    Check your game & let me know.
  • jsilanberg
    Options
    Thank you Sukanta. Unfortunately none of that worked...
  • Sukanta_Biswas
    Options
    Thank you Sukanta. Unfortunately none of that worked...
    Please provide as much information as we can for this issue as well as a screenshot and I will happy to help look into it. For instructions on how to take a screenshot please visit here.
  • jsilanberg
    Options
    I completed a full box once  and was 2 into a new box when I started getting the error a few days ago.  I have restarted the app and my device several times,  as well as logged out of the game. My app last updated on 12/17 but I can't remember how long after that this issue started.  Screenshot of message I'm receiving is attached.  Thank you!
  • Sukanta_Biswas
    Options
    Hi @jsilanberg
     I will need some more information to answer you so please help me with the correct information.
    After logging out the game, did you encounter any problems while logging in?
    Have your device system updated to the latest version?
    What device you're using for this game?
    What is Game app version?
    Please let me know.

• jsilanberg
    Options
    No issues with logging in. 
    Yes, my device is updated to the latest version. 
    I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Note 9.
    The game app version is 1.116.1.1
  • mowie
    mowie Posts: 163 Level 3
    Options
    i the chocolate box a higher up level?

• Sukanta_Biswas
    Options
    Hi @jsilanberg
    I'm thinking about this, I'm going to ask you to do a some troubleshooting checks.

Clearing cached data can free up needed space by removing temporary files. This is a short-term solution. Over time, cached data will build up again.
    To clear the cache for the app:
    Open your device's Settings app Settings app.
    Tap Apps & notifications.
    Tap the app. If you don't see it, first tap See all apps or App info.
    Tap Storage and then Clear cache.

Check your app permission.

When you give an app access to your Facebook account, that access expires after 90 days. The app then loses access to your account, which may affect your progress and friends list.

You can check which apps are activeexpired or have been removed from your account by clicking this link: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=applications

If the game is listed as ‘expired,’ it means your friends list and progress may not sync with the game.

Click ‘Renew Access’ to reactivate the app’s permissions.

If you still have the same problem after doing this, I would ask you to reinstall the game app. To do this you lose all stored boosters. But your problems should be solved.

Please let me know.

• tonyatonya42
    tonyatonya42 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    I'm having the exact same problem. I've done everything listed and it still isn't fixed. I have a Samsung SJ SKY
  • Hoochina
    Hoochina Posts: 5 Level 2
    Options
    Same problem. Started a few days ago. Huawei P20 lite.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?