Sugar Drops in Candy Crush Saga - Information and feedback

Comments

• Namugga
    Namugga Posts: 16 Level 2
    I have noticed that Sugar drops have been decreased to 5 sugar drops per level.
  • Pounawea
    Pounawea Posts: 4,514 Community Manager
    Dear community,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. As commented, a random test group was created earlier this week. As @bearwithme mentioned, the Studio creates test groups to see how the players respond and engage with the feature. I cannot confirm until what day they'll be running it, but we could expect it to be running until early-mid February.

Von_3 said:
    [...] It used to be that clicking on a sugar drop level told you where you were on the sugar track.
     I have resorted to using pen and paper to keep score otherwise I have no idea how many more games of miserly 5 drops per games I have to complete in order to reach 180.
    I can't keep playing all day on the off chance I might have got there.
    Thank you @Von_3 for bringing that up. For now, the Sugar track it shouldn't be visible in the game. I've been informed that, originally, there was no way to see how many sugar candies we had. During some time, we had the chance the see the Sugar track and we were able to see this information. I forwarded this information to the Studio and they will be evaluating the possibility to bring it back in some way. However, for now, we shouldn't expect to see the Sugar Track in the Power-Ups menu.

Deryck said:
    [...]
    @Pounawea Can you clarify what the change "Changing the unlocking level to 501." is about? What's being unlocked❓
    @Deryck , for players that are still progressing throughout the very first levels of Candy Crush Saga,  the Sugar Drops feature can be unlocked at level 130 whereas for other players (depending on whether they are part of this random group or not) they can unlock the feature at level 501. 

I hope this answers your question! Let me know otherwise. 🙂
  • clarabunda
    clarabunda Posts: 11 Level 2
    I have just logged out of the app on my iPhone and logged back in 
    I now do not have a sugar track at all and have lost all my boosters I had accumulated 😠 and my Dexters challenge has completely disappeared too. 
    Can someone help please? Not only had i been limited to 5 sugar drops per level now anything I had gained has disappeared! 
    Come on King loyal players deserve better! 
  • JogOn
    JogOn Posts: 8 Level 2
    Pounawea said:
    Dear community,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. As commented, a random test group was created earlier this week. As @bearwithme mentioned, the Studio creates test groups to see how the players respond and engage with the feature. I cannot confirm until what day they'll be running it, but we could expect it to be running until early-mid February.

Von_3 said:
    [...] It used to be that clicking on a sugar drop level told you where you were on the sugar track.
     I have resorted to using pen and paper to keep score otherwise I have no idea how many more games of miserly 5 drops per games I have to complete in order to reach 180.
    I can't keep playing all day on the off chance I might have got there.
    Thank you @Von_3 for bringing that up. For now, the Sugar track it shouldn't be visible in the game. I've been informed that, originally, there was no way to see how many sugar candies we had. During some time, we had the chance the see the Sugar track and we were able to see this information. I forwarded this information to the Studio and they will be evaluating the possibility to bring it back in some way. However, for now, we shouldn't expect to see the Sugar Track in the Power-Ups menu.

Deryck said:
    [...]
    @Pounawea Can you clarify what the change "Changing the unlocking level to 501." is about? What's being unlocked❓
    @Deryck , for players that are still progressing throughout the very first levels of Candy Crush Saga,  the Sugar Drops feature can be unlocked at level 130 whereas for other players (depending on whether they are part of this random group or not) they can unlock the feature at level 501. 

I hope this answers your question! Let me know otherwise. 🙂
    So it will stay at a limit of 5 sugar drops per level until at least mid February, then will maybe be reviewed, depending on revenues? How much do you expect usage to go down in the next month? or does that not really matter?
  • Victor_10
    Victor_10 Posts: 35 Level 2
    Why should anybody believe that Candy Crush would change this decision they made. Prime example: I'm stuck on level 1780 and I have tried over and over again in fact to many times to count quite frankly, and I use previous candy levels to help get me more boosters but since the folks at King.com have decided that they want players to focus on there current levels and try harder instead of allowing them to collect as many candies as they can depending on how that particular candy level goes. 

I ask for help from these people but all they do is send you an email saying go toy YouTube for help or ask the community. Well I'm not doing that cause there not the ones I'm asking for help from the folks at Candy Crush and they decide that they don't want to help, now you tell me folks how is that fair?
  • Putts
    Putts Posts: 111 Level 3
    How do I get removed off this test group of just 5 sugar drops. That's gotta be the worst change ever. I've quit playing new levels, could care less about going back.
    Why do people at King not listen.
    We have been asking for a search bar with hundreds of up votes and nothing .
    It's obvious this 5 sugar drop thing is a busy, not one post in support, yet it's still there.
  • bobbyh
    bobbyh Posts: 10 Level 2
    Now sugar drops counter stuck at 60/60 for a few days!
  • BobTrees
    BobTrees Posts: 16 Level 2
    I gave this new sugar drop limit a fair go and realised my hitherto favourite game has just been destroyed.
    I usually relax for an hour having breakfast and playing Candy Crush before the stress of work. I play my favourite games - 666, 1476 etc and challenge myself to see how many candies I can get. Now I get 5 candies and the game is over except I still have to finish the game to avoid losing a life which is extremely BORING.

I then tried just doing the easy levels but it takes a long time to scroll right down to the low numbers. I also found that on these games it is very hard to get 5 candies without the whole thing just blowing up.

Conclusion - I don't have the time or inclination to mess about like this for minimal rewards. I now read a good book instead. Far more satisfying.

I wonder how many other players feel the same and have thrown the towel in?
  • sissyk
    sissyk Posts: 57 Level 3
    edited January 2020
    @BobTrees I am the same! I felt extremely bored and annoyed to replay old levels and get only 5 sugar drops! They had the cheek to give only 4 drops in level 666! How 'charming'!!! I can't be bothered anymore. I have to play for four days to complete the sugar track and get some miserable rewards! I feel insulted, after 8 years of playing, buying gold bars for maybe hundreds of pounds, reaching level 6172 and as a reward- giving me this **EDIT: Rude** ! They can't realise they'll lose loyal players! Their greed will destroy their game! 
This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?