Why did you start playing Candy Crush Saga?

Comments

• DeepshikhaSharan
    DeepshikhaSharan Posts: 2,676 Level 5

For me, I just started playing candy crush because I keep flipping through the Editor's choice games on google play. At that time candy crush was one of them. I am still playing cause it is just a mental releiever and a bit challenging. I love the updates that just keep me playing all along!

I am just sad for one of the updates that was the removal of the dream world. I liked it a lot

• Flanje
    Flanje Posts: 772 Level 5

My fiancée used to play through Facebook on her iPod regularly and I would often find myself twiddling my 'thumbs' waiting for her to finish a level at bedtime. In 2015 she was diagnosed with bladder cancer and after operations, chemo and radiotherapy, sadly passed away. Her mum lives abroad and the only way I had of contacting her (cheaply at least!) was through FaceTime on my late fiancée's iPod. When I turned it on it must have been set to log in automatically somehow as one of my mates contacted me to say he'd been totally spooked as he had received a request for Candy crush lives from her. I thought "Hang on a minute! Do blokes actually play this?".

By chance I met my current partner who had also lost her fiancé to cancer (Though we think our angels arranged for us to meet). A little while into the relationship - same old story, bedtime = level to complete! so I thought I'd give it a go just to see what the attraction was.

I don't regret starting but now I can totally see how addictive it can be. I started off on Facebook and got up to level 1000 & something but didn't really want my friends to know how much time I actually spent on it. Last October I got a new phone for my birthday and started from scratch with a clean app not connected to FB. My partner was in the mid 2000's and at one point I asked her to wait for me to catch up, which she obligingly did, only for me to shoot straight past her and to the end! Evil I know but I think secretly she's pleased as she can now get me to help when she's stuck. It also pleases me too because we have a lot less cases where she's trying to get through a level all through the night ;-)

Love this community.

• candylover9
    candylover9 Posts: 101 Level 3

My best friend recommended it to me.

• clayr3580
    clayr3580 Posts: 7 Level 2

I started playing so I wouldn't be so bored during chemo, now I'm hooked. Lol

• Popower
    Popower Posts: 51 Level 2

It keeps my brain active! 😍😍😍

• Betts
    Betts Posts: 294 Level 4
    So many of my Facebook friends asked for lives that I thought I should check it out.
  • nikpen
    nikpen Posts: 131 Level 2
    Hi @Pounawea 😊 I started playing while working the overnight's at my job. I needed to stay awake&could watch tv there but that drifted me to sleep...soooo enter CC then after awhile I got stuck on a hard level in CC and found CCFS &I've been straight addicted since! I absolutely loooove my CCFS! I usually don't miss a day, if I do it's just that I picked it back up on the 25th hour so I just miss my days played streak! Grrrrrrr😂 I thought I was getting good but the last few level's I've reached have been tougher for me(1300s) I'm thinking of downloading another CC game today or tomorrow I'm getting tired of the same challenges in levels, time to mix it up!😁😁💜
  • Redbonebeauty1
    Redbonebeauty1 Posts: 161 Level 3
    I started playing because a lot of my friends were and the commercials for this game was super heavy at the time so it definitely made me want to try it out.
  • JethrinaBodina
    JethrinaBodina Posts: 784 Level 5
    edited February 2020
    kriseward said:
    My sister wanted someone to send her lives. Started playing and all I wanted to do was get to the end. Didn’t know it never ends. So I bypassed all my friends by 3000 levels. And can’t send them lives unless they ask. 
    Yes, you CAN send them lives without them asking! All you need to do is go back to a level you know they've completed and send them from there! I am alone in my game now and I thought the same thing. I go all the way back to level 6 to Build my Bot, yeah it's a long way to go but its the quickest level I've found to complete the mission. I realized that my friends were all there and that I could send lives from that level every day. 
    I'm 1100 levels ahead of the friend that's the closest to me in the ranks. When I began playing I thought I'd never be able to catch up to her, lol, now she's eating my dust! Ha! 
    Go! Send the lives you want to send! Share the joy! 
    ✌😎

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?