Waiting for new levels

pethers
pethers Posts: 10 Level 2

Why do we have to wait so long for new levels to be added? I play on my iPhone and am at level 6545. Plenty of further levels can be played on my laptop but not my iPhone- why is this?

Comments

• JethrinaBodina
    JethrinaBodina Posts: 784 Level 5

Howdy pethers! Welcome to the Community. I think I can provide you with a bit of logic.

The computer platform was the only platform until they created the mobile apps. It's got it's own team of OG developers and designers... They are simply ahead of the other platforms and there's no real "reason" for it, it just IS. Keep in mind that the mobile apps have a completely different set of parameters as well as certain limitations because that is the nature of the mobile app. It's got a lot going on with far less memory and hardware/software capacity. Mobile apps are ultimately watered down versions of larger computer programs, for lack of a better description. They give ya a lot of what you want, but ya can't have everything! At least you can go back and forth, that's kinda cool... Lotsa players have never had the opportunity to play anything other than the mobile game, or vice versa.

• pethers

Thanks! That makes sense!! Still wish I didn’t have to wait- a mix of impatience and obsession is not a good thing!!

• Crazy Cat Lad
    Crazy Cat Lad Posts: 14,123 Community Manager

Hi @pethers and welcome to our Community!

The Candy Factory do what they can to produce as many levels as possible and they are releasing 45 levels every week.

That's way more and quicker than back in the days in 2013 and 2014 when the game was new and 15 levels came out every month!

Have you tried the other three Candy Crush games?

• pethers

I have tried the other 3 games but think that obsession with one Candy Crush is quite enough!!! Don’t enjoy them as much anyway. I’ll be patient and wait but with possible quarantine around the corner I’m gonna need plenty of games to keep me occupied😂😂😂

• Timhung
    Timhung Posts: 1,487 Level 5
    edited March 2020

You need to give some time to let the studio make new level. (I hope they can make fewer glitch.)

If you have Win 10, you can continue your game. (Win 10 has 6635 levels)

• pethers

I do have that- I’m on level 6588. But I mostly play on my iPhone so it’s frustrating and by the time new levels are out on the iPhone I’ve usually reached them on Windows 10 anyway! My original post was purely to question why levels were available on some platforms and not others. I do understand that now. I’m just not a very patient person😂😂😂😂

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?