What's your experience when you ran out of moves? - We want your feedback!

Options

Comments

• Marie_Carlsson
    Marie_Carlsson Posts: 5 Level 2
    Options
    Running out of lives is very annoying!  when there is a super hard level--and not enough moves... and no boosters... one gets stuck ... and if i only ave 20 minutes to play... its extra annoying not having any 'lives' to play.. so have to stop
  • Putts
    Putts Posts: 111 Level 3
    Options
    When I run out if moves, and I have just waited two days to possibly get extra moves, I want to get extra moves. Not have one jelly to clear, spin and only get my 100th Coconut wheel that is hardly used, then wait another two days
    Since the video free moves wheel happens more often, I'm good with that risk. 
  • GZ
    GZ Posts: 9 Level 2
    Options
    I fully agree with JetKuil-Snaterse. I'm at level 1896 and I've never spent any money for any boosters or lives or anything else. I have to rely on what ever given to me either from friends in terms of lives or the free half an hour per day or the time goft boxes. I do get frustrated when fishes go and strike somewhere that doesn't help at all and I am 100% sure it's done deliberately. I'm also surprised to see some so-called easy levels that are so hard to actually pass. I don't mind watching a commercial and advertisement to get some boosters or extra lives but I would never watch anything that's more than 15 seconds, so I close the video straight away. Also you'll never get more than one, maximum two lives at the end when you watch a commercial. 5 plus I've never seen it!! 
  • Mark_Adcock
    Mark_Adcock Posts: 119 Level 3
    Options
    When levels of CC Soda are only really possible by combining a colouring candy with a colour bomb, then the game just bores me rigid. There is zero fun, zero entertainment, zero skill. All that happens is the game eventually hands me that particular combo when it decides I must be totally frigging bored playing (which is often). This game is a bore fest, it is demotivating and pointless. It is so transparent - the following situation occurs constantly ... the level is too hard, the game lets you fail a set number of times, then it lets you get a bit closer to succeeding to stop you totally giving up, you fail some more, until finally all hell breaks loose, you get combo after combo after combo until it is so easy a 5 year old could do it. Then you move to the next "hard" level and the process starts all over again. Sheer unimaginative tedium.
  • GZ
    GZ Posts: 9 Level 2
    Options
    Sounds about right! One must remember that the whole point is to pay and get boosters, lives etc. Which i would never do so all you said are spot on :-)
  • Mark_Adcock
    Options
    There are so many levels where it is not worth the effort playing all the moves. So, for instance, I will say to myself if I have not destroyed the peppermint sticks within 8 moves, I just give up and restart. It is not in any way entertaining for me to sit there and make trivial, insignificant, meaningless moves like a 4 year old trying to spot three identical symbols. Boring as hell. End game, restart. The game always "lets" you win in the end, and I know exactly WHEN I am going to win. As soon as it starts to bring in colour bombs or colouring candy absolutely randomly, instead of me calculating how, then that is the sign you will win shortly. It happens on "hard" levels virtually all the time. One recent level was ridiculous - I had failed for a few days, then the combos started to "generously" appear...but still, I failed. Then, as if the game had actually got fed up with me failing, it gave me 7 random colouring candies during the level - they just dropped in after cascades. From getting nowhere near for days, all of a sudden I win with 6 moves left. That just shows what a BS game this is. It just shows that the whole thing is utterly rigged (like the fish and horizontal stripe combo that could go virtually anywhere on the board, but decides to dive onto the honey surrounded by licorice so that it helps you the least....or like the Jackpot wheel on CC where I have got the jackpot once and I'm on level 2450 - a wheel with a 7-1 chance of hitting the jackpot lands there once in approx. 800 spins is pure garbage and an insult to my intelligence). Not only are all the levels a computer-rigged set-up where you win when it lets you, but the game also blatantly cheats. I wish I had made videos to show how colouring candies or colour bombs just explode for no reason. Trust me, they do. I often make one and keep a really close eye on it after every move. And lo and behold, boom - it's gone when nothing touched it. Sometimes the level is hard enough as it is, without it cheating you too. And once you realise this, then you also realise there can be no satisfaction gained from beating a level - since you only beat it because it let you. Hence, the game is played more out of habit or to pass away half an hour, rather than playing it for fun. Because there is NO fun. 

I play competitive chess. I often play against my software. It is unbeatable on its highest level, but is still fun to try, albeit demotivating. If I put it on its lowest level, I win almost all games (unless I am careless) but this also quickly loses its fun value. So I set it to a level where win/loss ratio is about 50%. That is fun, and motivating. I win and feel good - I outsmarted the machine. I don't win because the machine is rigged to just donate its pieces to me at random. That would deflate me, bore me, take all the fun out of playing, and make me reluctant to bother in future ... sound familiar?

Your game? It doesn't matter how skilled the player is, the player loses every time until the game allows them to win. If it wants you to lose, every random cascade is rigged to prevent the player winning. Simple, no argument. Thus, success is based on pure luck and when the game wants you to win. I'm sorry - but where is the fun in that? Winning AND having fun is derived from the fact that you won because you were smart. You saw a tactic, a strategy, and it paid off. You feel a sense of satisfaction. I remember as a kid when I beat my Dad at a card game for the first time and felt so self-satisfied...only to hear him tell my Mum that he had let me win. And so my self-satisfaction disappeared in an instant. Your game? It is exactly like that. No satisfaction in beating a level, and so it just becomes boring to play because it is all so pointless. 

And so I am now a bit bored (as you probably are after reading this rubbish) and am off to try to beat some computer-rigged garbage for 20 minutes or so, just to pass the time. Sound familiar?

• Mark_Adcock
    Options
    Oh, to make a comment that's on topic, about how I feel when I run out of moves? No word of a lie - sometimes I actually feel relieved.

OK, not wanting to patronise or belittle those people that do, but I totally refuse to spend a penny on any King game. Especially a game where the rewards for success are zero. Where is the logic in spending real, hard-earned money on something digital, something virtual, something that gives nothing back?! If I am going to win nothing, then I will spend nothing!

As I explained above, you win in the end. I'm level 2450 in CC Saga, 1480 in Soda. Not spent a penny, never will. You don't need to. The game always lets you win in the end. 

I would love it if CC Saga/Soda just ended. Stop making more levels. Let me get to the end, knowing the OCD in me doesn't have to keep on playing this boring, pointless garbage. It is not a game of skill, it is not entertaining as such. It is just a test of a player's patience. Nothing more. How long can you go, knowing it will let you win in the end, but after how many pointless attempts where the game has you doomed to fail before your very first move?! That's all this game is about.

• Mark_Adcock
    Options
    I would love it if CC Saga/Soda just ended. Stop making more levels. Let me get to the end, knowing the OCD in me doesn't have to keep on playing this boring, pointless garbage. It is not a game of skill, it is not entertaining as such. It is just a test of a player's patience. Nothing more.
    But on this.. I do NOT agreee.. :awesome:
    Haha. But it IS a test of patience. You will beat every level, it is just a matter of when and can you stomach failing over and over and over?

Any game designed by a program is simply rigged...this is no different. This game is rigged to make you fail, to encourage you to buy boosters. I have lost count how many times I have been stuck on a hard level and needed just one more move to win - just rigged, to make me cave in and spend some money. It's so obvious, it is insulting. 

You say you feel manipulated by the game - for sure, I have no argument there.

I just beat 1479 after multiple fails. "Super hard" level. Almost impossible without colouring candy/colour bomb combo. Or so I thought. In the end it just took pity on me ... it gave me 4 colour bombs from nowhere during the game, and each time I was able to put a fish next to it. From being impossible for days, I almost could have won blindfolded zzzzzzzz

• Mark_Adcock
    Options
    @Mark_Adcock - I totally agree with you. !! You said all the things that are bothering me as well.

I was about to fill this thread with another picture of another "Regular" level.
    I had colour-bomb and multicolour-bomb as bonus together.
    Combined it all the time.. but could not win. Like.. what the *bleep* combining those two together is a almost 99% winning chance.. but no.. Regular.. combining both.. Still no chance. Played my whole -free- booster time with life time with both boosters what would be around 30 min. Nothing. Next day - fishes booster - No way again.. 3rd day trying - out of boosters but still with life.. Piewwww magical fairy came and I had like 7 moves left when finished.

Compared to the very hard level that came next.. - tried for 10 minutes.. got it the 6 or 7th time. But the regular with both bonuses No Way.. That is NOT correct.. And you know the game is being manipulated...
    How do you get boosters (without paying)? I play via Facebook on my PC. I have never had a single booster, ever. Is it possible to earn them somehow, like it is with CC Saga?
  • Mark_Adcock
    Options
    How do you get boosters (without paying)? I play via Facebook on my PC. I have never had a single booster, ever. Is it possible to earn them somehow, like it is with CC Saga?
    I play on an Ipad tablet on facebook. If you play every day - the game gives you a booster. It starts with a 10 min. or so.. but if you log in every day - after a day or 10 it gives you unlimited life for about 30 min. and a booster for the same time.

That is my daily booster. But - If I play the game and you finish the level within ONE try - it says - Rainbowroad - Every time you finish in one - you get one booster free to use - the moment you lose - they take away a booster.

And than there is - the boxes. On the tablet there is the gameline of circles with numbers. Every now and than a game has a box - if you finish that level the box opens and usually there is a 15 or 20 min. booster in it.

So - I was playing with my daily returning booster - and with an opened box booster and with my rainbowroad boosters.
    Ah, thanks for your reply. I don't have an Ipad, so I don't get any boosters. That explains it. 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?